CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Extreme Okeetee, Lucy

Old 07-29-2016, 10:39 AM   #1
SFG001
Extreme Okeetee, Lucy

Hi all!

Been lurking for a little over a year now and only now getting around to introducing myself! Just want to say thanks to all of the established members on here for all the valuable advice. Nanci, Chip, Karl McKnight, Dolly's Mom, and a few others, you guys rock!

So my wife and I acquired a beautiful female Abbott's Okeetee!! She was hatched 07/02/15 and we picked her up at an expo on 01/02/16. Her name is Lucy and she is awesome!! Let me preface by saying we already had another Okeetee previously but sadly didn't make it. I'll cover all the sad details in a later post if anyone is interested, which may help some future snake owners. But now I'm happy to say Lucy is a great eater, and I'm sure she'd have no problem surviving in the wild! She started a little small and weighs around 58g as of this week. K, enough talk, I'm sure you guys want to see a picture already, ha ha. Hope I attached this correctly!

Old 07-29-2016, 10:45 AM   #2
SFG001
Oops

Name:  Lucy 1.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  265.9 KB

Guess I didn't get it right. Let's try again.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:46 AM   #3
SFG001
Oh yes, and she's an Abbott's Okeetee, not Extreme!!

Old 07-29-2016, 11:03 AM   #4
Giga
She is very pretty :3

Welcome to the forum, from a fellow newbie

Old 07-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #5
daddio207
Welcome

Great looking snake !

Old 07-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #6
DollysMom
Beautiful Abbott's. I love Abbott's Okeetees! They are some of the prettiest normals out there. I love the name Lucy, too. It fits her well.

Welcome to the forum!

Old 07-29-2016, 03:23 PM   #7
SFG001
Thanks all! Daddio, definitely followed your sound advice at some point too, thanks!

Old 07-29-2016, 04:05 PM   #8
SFG001
More Pics

Here's another one for you guys! This one was taken 03/31/16. Oh and the first one was a couple weeks after getting her. You can start to see the oranges brighten up!

Old 08-06-2016, 05:18 AM   #9
kdickens
Lucy looks great! I love the first pic! Welcome to the forum too! From Plano? My sister lives there. We visited last summer and it was so hot I couldn't walk on the concrete barefoot!

Old 08-06-2016, 09:11 AM   #10
SFG001
Thank you! Had quite the adventure last night. I have a hide that she's usually in around feeding day. It works out great coz I don't have to put her in a separate feeding tub ( no unnecessary handling) nor do I have to worry about substrate impaction from feeding in the viv. But last night she fell out of the paper towel tube hide while striking and coiling! I just left her, so there she was in the middle of floor, chomping away!

Plano is great, but you're 100% correct. It gets so incredibly hot!! Footwear is definitely recommended during the summer, lol! And sunscreen!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
okeetee