CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

When Do Mice Go Bad

Old 08-11-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
666killademon
When Do Mice Go Bad

Hey everybody i just want to know how long frozen mice are good for after they are thawed because I left a Fuzzy in the tank and my snake didin't eat it so yeah I just want to know if it would be a good idea to give it to him again.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
Hawkin'
The bacteria in the mouse's system will grow pretty rapidly at room temp.If you thawed it with hot water it will be even faster.If one of mine didn't eat it the day I thawed it,I'd toss the mouse in the trash.For the price of 1 fuzzy I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #3
hypo123
mice gone bad

One way to tell when a mouse has gone bad is when it starts coming late at night with the smell of stale beer on its breath, talks back, hangs out with the wrong crowd, etc. Seriously though, I agree with the previous poster, I throw them out after 24 hours. lol, Dave

Old 08-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #4
attackturtle
If you completely thawed a mouse, toss it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google