• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Parachute Cord?

Kuda

There might already be a thread on this, but I couldn't find it.
I was thinking it might be cool to make some little hanging climbs with some parachute chord. I was thinking about using string or yarn, but neither of those seemed like safe options. The parachute cord seemed like a better option because it's a little thicker, and is smooth enough that I don't think it would hurt my little snoot. Has anyone done this? Is it safe?
Thanks guys

:eatpointe

I've never used it, but I think it would be completely safe as long as the gaps are big enough that your snake can loop through them without getting stuck. Keep in mind that your snake will probably be difficult to disentangle from a net type setup if you need to take him out and he's on it.

Yeah I second Hypnoctopus,.. They wrap themselves around anything within reach if they want to....
You also might want to look at the rope section of the local hardware store, you can get braided and twisted rope in a lot of different sizes - you might find a thickness you like better than the Paracord.. I personally would use a braided synthetic - for washability - because sooner or later, it's going to get pooped on..... ;) But I have seen some nice setups using a really thick twisted sisal rope..

NancyG

Back