CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Artificial plants

Old 06-14-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
LadyJemima
Artificial plants

Anyone else just buy these at Michaels to save money? Can't believe what PetCo charges for a tiny plant!

Old 06-14-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
DollysMom
At least at my Michael's they seem even more expensive than the ExoTerra vines. I do have one plant from there I cut in pieces and use for 2 snakes.

Prices fluctuate but I've gotten some good prices on reptile vines on Amazon.

Be careful of sharp wires sticking out of any plastic plant. I use hot glue to cover wire stem ends for safety.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:19 PM   #3
LadyJemima
Good to know about wires. Our Michaels had a 50% sale this week and I get an extra 15% educators discount. So I got a huge bagful for $15!

Old 06-15-2017, 02:15 AM   #4
DollysMom
That's wonderful!

Old 06-15-2017, 08:04 PM   #5
DLena
Be darn careful with the vines, from Michaels or anywhere else, where the vines are made of plastic loops hooked to each other in a chain. Eventually your snake will be large enough to get trapped in a loop. The plastic can cut off circulation and/or cut into the skin. They can't back out of the loop, and when they try to go forward, the loop just digs in deeper. It happened to my BP Daisy. Trip to vet, two different antibiotics injected over the course of 10 days. It's taken quite a few sheds for the damage to heal and fade. It's so not worth it to save some bucks.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:07 PM   #6
LadyJemima
Did not buy any vines, but thanks for the advice. Will keep that in mind!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google