CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Hercules

Old 06-11-2018, 08:26 PM   #1
Raven
Hercules

Meet Hercules! Got this little guy recently - his first people no longer wanted him. He needs to gain a bit of weight and shed out some old injuries (from mouse bites?) but he's pretty.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:07 PM   #2
Raven
Any thoughts on his morph?

Old 06-11-2018, 11:41 PM   #3
CornsAustria
looks like a very sweet amel

Old 06-12-2018, 12:35 PM   #4
Raven
Thanks! I figured he was at least an amel. I thought he may have something more going on as he looks nothing like my others. He has a very different head and belly pattern as well. From what I was reading I was suspecting possibly masque? I also remember reading that there were a few other genes that cause similar patterns but I may be mistaken.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:16 PM   #5
CornsAustria
masque is right - maybe it can be a candycane stuff in there - but its genetically an amel
candycane, reverse oketee, flouroscent orange all these are amels but secective breeding
amels can change soo much, not one single amel is like the other that I know

Old 06-12-2018, 02:17 PM   #6
CornsAustria
should mean selective or line breeding

Old 06-12-2018, 02:53 PM   #7
Raven
ok. Awesome. I'm glad I was mostly correct. The selective breeding for a trait causes variations of the appearance I get. I'm trying to learn all of the genetics. What's throwing me is how many variations there are for the same trait. It's sometimes a fun game of guess that gene when looking at the ones online.

I'm glad I decided to take this little guy no matter what his genetics are. Was just curious.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:57 PM   #8
Patmart
I don’t understand people treat reptiles badly
He is very pretty
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #9
Raven
Neither do I. Snakes or otherwise. I've taken in 2 new ones in the past few few months that were in bad shape. I had to take one to the vet. I'm just glad they decided to give them up.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:11 PM   #10
Patmart
Thank you very much for taking them in
Wouldn’t like to think what would of happen to them
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google