• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

reputation power? how can i check it??

Actually.....

Your rep power has nothing to do with the comments made by others. Rep power is generated by length of membership and number of posts.

The Rep points that are found on the user CP are from other members. The anount of points you rec'v per +/- comment is based on the giver's rep power.

Is the blue or green squares by the posts under my rep an indication of a +/- comment? i.e. green square good and blue square bad?

Red squares are bad, but I'm still not sure what the blue ones are. Good question, that I have been meaning to ask as well!

Quigs

Ok, I think I have figured a little bit more out but this is strictly therory, folks! (Are ya scared yet? lol)

We have established that rep points and rep power have to do with each other but are different. Your rep power is the number noted under your avatar, location, age and number of posts. You earn this number by how long you have been a member, number of posts and I believe also how many times you hand out points or take away as the case may be.

The rep power number is how much or how little you will change another persons rep points! You're personal rep points can only be seen by you (and probably Rich) in your user cp!

For example, I have 7 rep power. So when I give someone postitive rep points, their total rep points jumps up 7.

Now in the case of my little blue box, the person that I got it from has no rep power at all. They are fairly new to this forum and haven't made many posts yet. So in turn my "score" if you will...doesn't get adjusted either good or bad.

So my therory is this...

green box = you received postive points from that person

red box = you received negative points from that person

blue box = they tried but have no power

So to test this therory...anyone that has received any blue boxes, look at who gave them to you and see if they have any rep power. My guess would be they don't.

And for you all that are completely confused now, we are refering to the colored boxes that show up in your user cp, next to the person that added or subtracted from your rep points.

I assume this "key" is also the color you see on the forums next to one's rep power number. Since you can't actually see how many points a person has, this color along with the rep power number tells you whether or not that particular person is deemed good or bad. You probably get the benefit of the doubt when you are new, as everyone starts off with green at least that's what I have noticed thus far.

So have at it, check out those users that you received blue boxes from and let me know if this sounds right.

Is this deserving of brownie points, especially if I'm correct? :shrugs:

lol...I tried, worth a shot anyhow! :dancer:

I'm going to bed, I think my brain is on overload now!

Quigs

Just to add to the confusion here, if you hover your cursor over the said green box next to Rep power you get all sorts of strange messages, some people "are on a distigusted road" others "will be famous soom enough" CAV's even has "A spectacular aura about" others again nothing! .....Totally baffling.

But I think you may be right Quigs with the Rep power I will give you a brownie point LOL

So I lied, I haven't gone to bed yet...

Cindy -

One can only assume that the little phrases give you a round about clue as to how many rep points that particular person has. Since the actually points are not viewable by others.

More therory...

"xxxx is on a distingushed road" = that person has 1 to 50 points

"xxxx will be famous soon enough" = that person has 51 to 100 points

"xxxx has a spectacular aura about them" = that person has 101+ points

When you hover and it just comes up with a name, that probably means they have no rep points yet at all. Even if they have a rep power number, look at the number of posts and how long they have been a member. This usually means they have been a member for quite some time and this rep stuff was just started not so long ago when Rich updated the v-bulletin software.

Just a thought...thanks for pointing that out, Cindy! Those numbers are probably not correct just an assumption along those lines.

Final therory of the night...err...morning...

CAV paid Rich or at least made him an offer he couldn't refuse, to make his phase say that he had a spectacular aura! :grin01: To my knowledge Rich is the only other one that has that "title"... :bowdown:

I'm really going to bed now, this will all still be here tomorrow! lol

Quigs

Quigs - I checked on all those who gave me rep points and it looks like your theory is correct...green squares from those with rep points, blue squares from those with 0 rep points. It will be interesting to see if the blue squares change to green when those people finally get rep points. One or 2 should be getting some soon.

I'm eagerly awaiting to see what happens to my rep after another 20 posts! And I'm NOT going to flood the board with little silly posts just to get there! Well, maybe a few, depending upon what time of day (or night) it is and my mood!

Susan -

I don't think you'll be seeing the blue squares turning green. Simply because if that were the case, then every time someone goes up in power all of your points change? Seems far more complicated than the already too complicated rep system it's self!

I think once it's there and on your user cp, it's done. Now of course if they give you points later on down the road and have established rep power of their own, then you will receive points from them. But only if they decide to praise you again, I wouldn't think it's retroactive.

Also FWIW, I just went over the 50 point mark and my "phrase" changed to the next step up! I'm gonna be famous soon enough....WOOHOO! :crazy02:

I'll do a little more looking into the exact numbers today and let ya know.

Quigs

Quigs said:
CAV paid Rich or at least made him an offer he couldn't refuse, to make his phase say that he had a spectacular aura! :grin01: To my knowledge Rich is the only other one that has that "title"... :bowdown:
Quigs

Oh jealousy is such an ugly animal! Away from here you foul beast! :D

Actually, it depend on the rep points. Your hypothesis has been right on the money Quigs, with the exception of the points required to acheive "spectacular aura" status. It's like an ancient Jedi Order in that only those in the know understand the rules. ;)

Of course if you slap me some skin (Points I say boy! Points!), I might be persuaded to give up the ghost and whisper in your ear......... :roflmao:

Oh CAV Mr spectacular one...... :bowdown:..... put us out of our misery, why have you double squares next to your very impressive Rep power (OK I admit I'm a creep) :cool:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CAV again.

Pony up, Yoda! :nyah:

lmao...

Cindy -

Two squares must come with the "aura"...it's like "the force"!

Quigs

OK, just a hint......

100 points brings forth the "Giver of the Boxes." (Serp, Rich and Clint have them too..........before I get singled out again!)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CAV again.

Quigs, you know where to find me once that quest is completed.......

:wavey:

:D

Looky what I found!

After a little digging, I found this nice chart explaining the varies levels of reputation.

reputation_chart.gif

It seems the admin (Rich) can edit or delete these at free will. However, I doubt Rich will be doing this anytime soon, just to simply to amuse/humor us! I could be wrong but with 6000 +/- hatchlings, he probably has better things to do! :shrugs:

Although it's entirely possible that he has already removed all of the rest of the levels and "spectacular aura" is the highest you can achieve.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens when CAV gets a few more points under that Jedi belt of his! :rofl: Not to single CAV out again ... be sure to keep an eye on Serp, Rich and Clint as well!

LOL,
Quigs

Such tenacity my young Padawan!

I'm rather disappointed to see that "Omnipotent Lord of Time and Space" is strangely absent from the list. Maybe we should convene the council to discuss this oversight. We must all have something to shoot for!

:roflmao:

When I grow up...

I wanna be able to use big words and know just what they mean, just like CAV!

Thanks to www.dictionary.com I'm onto a good start! :roflmao:

te·nac·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (t-ns-t)
n.
The state or quality of being tenacious: “Social styles developed in the 19th century withstand, with sporelike tenacity, all that the present century can throw at them” (Larry McMurty).

te·na·cious ( P ) Pronunciation Key (t-nshs)
adj.
Holding or tending to hold persistently to something, such as a point of view.
Holding together firmly; cohesive: a tenacious material.
Clinging to another object or surface; adhesive: tenacious lint.
Tending to retain; retentive: a tenacious memory.

LOL,
Quigs

PS. I'm still searching for "Padawan" :grin01:

priceless ..... :laugh01: :rofl: :roflmao: :roflmao: you guy's really make me smile, a double act, I have a great name for your act.... but I just dare not post it x
good work btw sherlock Quigs :cool:

Omg!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL, WELL, WELL!!!!! LOOK AT WHO HAS A SECOND BOX!!!!!

MR. Q

BTW, I finally figured out who you remind me of: Jerry on ER. You guys were seperated at birth. :roflmao:

Attachments

• ER guy.jpg
    ER guy.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Guy from ER.jpg
    Guy from ER.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Mister Quigs.jpg
    Mister Quigs.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 137
Back