CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

The Saint

Old 10-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
fyrefocks
The Saint

1997. Starring Val Kilmer.

I bought this curious little male today and decided to name him The Saint. In the movie, Val plays a thief who names himself after saints. The reason for my naming him such is because i dont think this boy is who the breeder says he is. Personally, i think the breeder is an awful man, but for the cheap cost, i couldnt pass him up.

Anyway, hes an 09 supposed anery lavender male from an anery lav x lav het anery pairing. Of course there are no parent photos and the dam is dead. IMO, this boy is all anery. His pupil is black with a very light iris and hes too muddy and dark to be homo lav. I thought id ask ya'll before i condemned him to aneryness forever! I know breeding trials will be the only way to know for sure, but i think you guys will agree with me.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
omni
I agree he is not homo lav from seeing a bunch of anery lav pics to compare, that they don't show but faint yellow, if any. Always is possible tho.

I love that bright yellow! Definately would have place in my collection

Old 10-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
wstphal
I would say anery, maybe het lav. Nice looking snake!

Old 10-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
fyrefocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by omni View Post
I agree he is not homo lav from seeing a bunch of anery lav pics to compare, that they don't show but faint yellow, if any. Always is possible tho.

I love that bright yellow! Definately would have place in my collection
Well, ill tell ya, i should know for sure in a couple years. I told the breeder that i would buy him, but only if he had a female sibling i could purchase at the next show. Im supposed to call next week. Theres no way [for me] to be sure that whatever female i buy will be a sibling, but we shall see. Either way, this boy will be the patriarch of my diffused anery lav project. I need a plasma female. Oh the joys of the waiting game...

Old 10-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
fyrefocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstphal View Post
I would say anery, maybe het lav. Nice looking snake!
Thanks! Ive come to the conclusion that grey based snakes are the tops! Half my corn stash is anery based in some form or another.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
Nanci
Well, he's pretty, whatever he is!!

Old 10-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
fyrefocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Well, he's pretty, whatever he is!!
Thanks! Bonus, upon further inspection i can see that he is masque. He has grey head and the split belly checks. I love that masque is turning up everywhere.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google