CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

What to breed to my boy and girls?

Old 10-02-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
MtnMan
What to breed to my boy and girls?

I have two female snow corns and a amel male. I asked a question about breeding them and all I guess I would get is amels so I was wondering what I could get that would make a nice cross with my babys? Thanks for the help everyone!

Old 10-03-2010, 12:00 AM   #2
dionythicus
Do you know if your snakes have any hets? Your amel could be het anery in which case you would get amels, anerys and snows. The corn snake market isn't very good right now, so unless you're breeding something really good, be prepared to care for any hatchlings for awhile.

Susan's right, I was way too tired last night when I responded. No aneries. lol

Old 10-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
Susan
Correction: If the amel male was het for anery, when bred to your snows, you would get amels and snows...no anerys. You would need to breed the snows to an anery to get anery offspring. The only other possibilities would be if they were het for any other genes, but to determine that, they would need to be bred to a snake known to carry those other genes, but if they aren't het for anything else, you will only normals with hets.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
CaptBogart
I would say nothing common, there are way too many Amels, Anerys, and Snows out there that pop up in high end het to het breedings, so there isn't any reason to just produce them because you can.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google