CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

HYBINO Phenotype Discussion

Old 07-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
reptiledoc
HYBINO Phenotype Discussion

With Doc's permission, I've moved the Hybino discussion here. This, in my opinion, got way out of hand in a For Sale ad...Nanci

Mother is Coral Snow Motley
(Actual Hypo/Amel/Anery/Motley) Female
x Hypo Fire Male

Hybino (Het Avalanche Motley)---$50 Each $80/Pair $111/Trio

Email or PM me with any questions. Thank You.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
reptiledoc
New Price!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptiledoc View Post
Mother is Coral Snow Motley
(Actual Hypo/Amel/Anery/Motley) Female
x Hypo Fire Male

Hybino (Het Avalanche Motley)---$30 Each $55/Pair

Email or PM me with any questions. Thank You.
NOW $111 SHIPPED for TRIOS!!!! I am only selling trios at this price.

Shipping is $50 if you buy One snake or a Pair. Take advantage of the Trio Deal.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
SnakeAround
Shouldn't hybino's have red eyes, like albino's? I assume hybino's are hypo albinos and albino's are amelanistics.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
reptiledoc
HYBINOS (HET AVALANCHE/MOTLEY) Pair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutengel View Post
Shouldn't hybino's have red eyes, like albino's? I assume hybino's are hypo albinos and albino's are amelanistics.
They Do have Red Eyes.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:38 AM   #5
melrad_61000
The eyes look red to me in the pics

Old 09-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
SnakeAround
Nom those are blueish eyes with red puplis, amelanistics (red albino's) have red eyes with red pupils. Like below:

Old 09-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Em Wright
The angle isn't the same as the snake in the picture you've shown, so you can't really compare it. Angle and lighting are a factor to consider. Also, it may just be your monitor because those eyes look more red than blue to me.

Also, given the genetics of the parents I don't think they could be anything but Hybinos. I put the parents through Genericgenwiz and it confirmed that the only thing that could hatch from a Coral (Hypo) Snow and a Hypo Fire would be a Hybino.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #8
Yarmuck
Incidentally, you can label them het for Coral Avalanche/Motley.

link

Old 09-22-2010, 07:42 AM   #9
SnakeAround
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Wright View Post
The angle isn't the same as the snake in the picture you've shown, so you can't really compare it. Angle and lighting are a factor to consider. Also, it may just be your monitor because those eyes look more red than blue to me.

Also, given the genetics of the parents I don't think they could be anything but Hybinos. I put the parents through Genericgenwiz and it confirmed that the only thing that could hatch from a Coral (Hypo) Snow and a Hypo Fire would be a Hybino.
i know, but what if the parents ae not what they are said to be? I think the hatchlings don't look like hybino's color wise either. They look like contrasty hypo's. See over here for another hybino, which I do believe to be a hybino indeed.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...=hybino&page=2

Old 09-22-2010, 07:45 AM   #10
SnakeAround
By the way, the borders of the saddles are not white but greyish on those in the thread, that is a proof they are not amelanistic, so not hybino but hypo.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google