• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2014 Mystic Exotics Cornsnake project (Miami Tessera X Miami-2nd gen.) HATCHLINGS!!!

MysticExotics

(formerly NWHeather)
I wasn't initially going to do this pairing, but I had a couple requests, so I had to borrow a Miami female from my friend Tara.

I paired Daisy (LBR line Miami female originally from Katie H) with Brokk (Miami Tessera male produced by myself (and Tara, I borrowed Tara's male Tessera, Taz).
Daisy is an LBR line Miami and is poss het for Amel and Motley
Brokk is poss het Amel

This is my first year producing babies from a parent that I produced.
I have to say, it's pretty exciting!

Daisy laid 12 perfect pearly white eggs on Friday, April 18.

Now for the countdown! :)

6/23/14- I'm adding pics of the dam/sire to the Miami Tessera

Brokk's Dam was an odd looking Miami phase, that I have no history on. (I recently found out that she is het Amel, as one of her offspring recently produced Amels).

His Sire was an Okeetee Tessera, with no hets. (Pics of Taz were taken by Tara)

Attachments

• 146210_335265_VeryLarge_mcTJLsos43K.jpg
    146210_335265_VeryLarge_mcTJLsos43K.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 71683_268276_VeryLarge_J6lX5edqRpAVan.jpg
    71683_268276_VeryLarge_J6lX5edqRpAVan.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 199
  • 45005_96844_VeryLarge_0urUjrP5TF1M8.jpg
    45005_96844_VeryLarge_0urUjrP5TF1M8.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 76451_167001_VeryLarge_ckFnFQSOdqXJAk.jpg
    76451_167001_VeryLarge_ckFnFQSOdqXJAk.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 76451_167004_VeryLarge_NkUiqFS4do.jpg
    76451_167004_VeryLarge_NkUiqFS4do.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Wow..miama tessera has got to be my favorite morph at this point. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Congrats Heather !! That male Miami Tessera is amazing looking !!

My Miami Tessera girl did excellent with the entire process, of course you know this is her first year breeding. She laid 23 eggs total ( 21 fertile / 2 infertile ) on 4-22.

Here is a pic. of her breeding ID photo & her in the nest box. Thought you might be interested in her progress??

Hope you don't mind me posting the pics. for ya? If ya do, please delete my post and sorry.

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

Attachments

• Candycane ph Motley X Miami Tessera (EK164).jpg
    Candycane ph Motley X Miami Tessera (EK164).jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 7005748_orig.jpg
    7005748_orig.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 187
No worries.
Thanks for posting updated pics of her! It's always fun to see how the babies you produced turn out!
Congrats on the eggs!

No worries.
Thanks for posting updated pics of her! It's always fun to see how the babies you produced turn out!
Congrats on the eggs!

Good deal. I thought you might like to know how she did and Thanks !!
I know it will be a while, but I can't wait for her eggs to hatch.

The sire Candycane is from Carol and her Miami line is strong, so I think the offspring are going to be amazing !!

Walter

I imagine those babies are going to be pretty spectacular.
Tara and I were incredibly happy with how the 1st generation Miami Tessera's turned out. We fully expected it to take a couple generations to get that Miami look, so needless to say, these Miami Tessera's are ahead of the game already, but turning out so nice.

I imagine those babies are going to be pretty spectacular.
Tara and I were incredibly happy with how the 1st generation Miami Tessera's turned out. We fully expected it to take a couple generations to get that Miami look, so needless to say, these Miami Tessera's are ahead of the game already, but turning out so nice.

I agree. As most of us know, when you start a new project with Miami and any non-Miami, most of the time the F1 gen usually still has alot residual orange wash.

That's what I mean about Carol's Miami line being strong. In 2009 I used my Miami het Motley from Carol to a Amel Bloodred (Pic. 1) to start a project and the F1 gen was amazingly close to textbook Miami coloration...(Pic. 2 as adults now)

Walter

Attachments

• Amel Bloodred X Miami poss het Motley (BB47).jpg
    Amel Bloodred X Miami poss het Motley (BB47).jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Miami het Amel Bloodred (DG127).jpg
    Miami het Amel Bloodred (DG127).jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 169
Tomorrow will be 42 days incubating. I checked on the eggs and it appears all 12 are growing! I'm super excited for this clutch!!

One of Brokk's siblings recently proved out to be het Amel, and having done some research, the dam in this project is poss het Amel and poss het Motley, so just maybe I might luck out and have Amel babies in this clutch.
I'm more focused on the 2nd generation Miami Tessera's with this clutch, but I will be testing out some hets down the road.

At day 66, and the eggs are getting softer, so I know I'm close! :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Miami Tessera is the next morph I want, if I can afford it. (g)

Day 67! I called it!! I have pippies!!
Three have pipped. One had its head out but retreated when I opened the bin.

It has begun!!!

I am so excited for this clutch!!!
Both parents are possible het Amel, but I'm actually hoping that all of the Tessera's are just Miami.

It is going to be nearly impossible not to check on them every 5 minutes! LOL

Attachments

• 10429231_528998927226561_5426460269168342099_n.jpg
    10429231_528998927226561_5426460269168342099_n.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 68
Day 67! I called it!! I have pippies!!
Three have pipped. One had its head out but retreated when I opened the bin.

It has begun!!!

I am so excited for this clutch!!!
Both parents are possible het Amel, but I'm actually hoping that all of the Tessera's are just Miami.

It is going to be nearly impossible not to check on them every 5 minutes! LOL

CONGRATS HEATHER !!!
Looking forward to see what you get.

Walter

Murphy has been kind to me on this clutch!
While Amel babies would have been cool, I really wanted all Miami's, and it looks like that's what I'm getting!

Also, so far, I have SEVEN Miami Tessera's, and four Miami's. 1 baby has not yet pipped. I was hoping for 50% Tessera's, especially since the clutch is small (only 12 eggs), and I got more than half in Tessera's! Yay!!

Three have fully emerged so far. Two Miami Tessera's and one Miami.

In order, the pics are:
DAI-01 Miami Tessera (I think the borders on this one will be nice!)
DAI-02 Miami Tessera (This one looks like it will have the sire's coloring!)
DAI-03 Miami (I love the near banded look on this one!)

*I will get better pics of them after they shed. I wanted to snap quick pics as I put them in their bins.

Attachments

• 012dai01.jpg
    012dai01.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 013dai02.jpg
    013dai02.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 014dai03.jpg
    014dai03.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 53
A fourth baby (Miami) has emerged.
Five more Tessera's waiting to emerge, and three more Miami's.

I will take more pics toniight after I get off work.

Back