CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

PILE-O LAVAS & LAVA CINDERS !!

Old 12-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #341
DuxorW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
Dux, I have been thinking about that. since I just purchased a (male cinder, female poss het) pair from Heather that were from Shane's cinder/ terrazzo pairing, and it seems he got some female cinders in that clutch too. And terrazzo also originated in the keys. So it seems like for best chance of getting cinder females, use snakes at least from Southern Florida, if not the keys themselves?
I'm excited to combine the old school cinder with the Boyd line terrazzo and see what happens!
Yes, the only caveat is that it may only work out if the female is descended maternally from miami/upper keys. For example, say you bred an upper keys male to a non-keys female, and held back a keys-phase female offspring. Although she looks keys-phase, her W chromosome won't be keys. She is not descended maternally (ie, tracing only through females in a pedigree) to a keys animal. If you mate her with a cinder, the het cinder daughters could have a W that can't recombine with Z at the cinder locus.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:45 PM   #342
DuxorW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxorW View Post
Also interesting that the only female cinder we know Walter produced came from this pairing. Upper Keys het cinder Dame!
Well, not so shocking, I didn't see that Danny chimed in and said the Dame was produced from the original cinder female.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:35 AM   #343
ghosthousecorns
Yes I am absolutely thrilled to have her here, she is brumating for the first time this year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google