CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Yellow Okeetee?

Old 11-21-2004, 10:43 AM   #61
starwarsdad
OK, OK, OK I give up it is real. That is an amazing corn. If you breed her to a normal next season, please put me down for a male.

Old 11-21-2004, 12:35 PM   #62
ecreipeoj
Golden Corn sure is a fitting name. She also seems to have a greenish cast to her. It will be sweet indeed if this look is reproducible!

Old 11-22-2004, 04:04 AM   #63
magick-bears
Well I have been away from the forums for a while now. I have to say that is one of the nicest colored corns I have seen. Though I have always been partial to Carmels, Ambers and Miamis. I have no doubt you already have more orders then you can come close to filling. But in the off chance that you don't I would love to get on your wait list as well. Other then where you collected her I am suprised that no one has mentioned her resemblance to a Miami. Then again it might just be my monitor. But her silver/gray background is very Miami like to me.

Jeff C.

Old 11-22-2004, 09:52 AM   #64
KATTURNER
Yellow Okeetee

I AGREEE WITH EVERYONE ON HOW GORGOUS THE SNAKE IS...I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW WHAT SEX IT IS?... I WONDER WHAT COLOR YOU WOULD BREED HIM OR HER BACK TO TO RECREATE AND PERFECT THAT COLOR?? AN ABBOTT OKEETEE?? CARAMEL?? INTRESTING PROJECT...KEEP US UPDATED....ESPECIALLY IF YOU PRODUCE OFFSPRING!!!!
KAT

PS...HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!!

Old 11-22-2004, 11:36 PM   #65
BlueKing
Golden corn snake

Thanks, StarWarsdad, Joe, Jeff & Katt!
Katt, this animal is a female (Wished it was a male - passing genes would be a lot quicker & more offspring) But I would rather have an opportunity than not one at all! So I'm happy no matter what sex it is! You mentioned Abbott line Okeetee. I DO have one and he's a nicely colored animal - high contrast (light orange, deep red blotches and strong black borders). Not sure yet what I'll end up breeding her with, but I'll think about it long and hard. . . .

Zee

Old 11-23-2004, 10:42 AM   #66
Katt
I'm totally convinced, what a fantastic find! What an odd colour, not a corn I would want particularly, but amazing to find wild and not in one's egg box. Big time congrats on being the one to find it!!

Old 11-28-2004, 04:41 PM   #67
snakepimp
Breed it to a bloodred, or...

Well, I think you should breed her to a Caramel, at least once. What other corns are out there that exhibit Hyper-xanthism? None that I know of, and that would tell you if this animal is exhibiting the same (type) mutation.
For my part, I hope you have discovered a "new" type of mutation, but the only way to be sure that it is "new" is to breed her to a caramel.

Just kidding about the bloodred thing.

BTW, does she have a wild-type ventral pattern?

Old 11-28-2004, 09:03 PM   #68
ra reptile
looks

Thats corn has no yellow rat in it. It looks pure corn to me, hopefully something new to work with. It appears to be a darker animal, which would make a great hypo. You've got something special there, thanks for sharing.

Luke

Old 11-29-2004, 03:58 PM   #69
sdmessmer
Golden Corn

Congrats on your great find Zee! I'm looking forward to hearing about her offspring in the future. She reminds me of a charcoal suffused with yellow. A very special girl you have there.

Silvia

Old 11-29-2004, 04:14 PM   #70
Hurley
admittedly, but Luke, that avatar is funny.

Thanks for the chuckle. "But Mom, the sign SAYS run with scissors."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google