CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Scale less Corns anyone?

Old 02-25-2008, 02:54 AM   #1
BT41042
Scale less Corns anyone?

Scale less Corn anyone? I’ve been lurking here for a year or so and have never posted but I thought maybe some of you guys and gals might find this project interesting...Brian Barczyk (BHB Enterprises) let me in on this new and exciting mutation at the absolute ground floor – The Scale less Corn...The pics are of a normal Corn – Can you imagine a Bloodred or Butter or maybe a Lavender? How about a Striped Snow or Sunglow Motley? Absolutely endless...The best thing about the mutation is that it’s recessive...They are awesome – The eat fine – shed fine and reproduce fine...I’m really stoked about the combos to be made with these guys...
BT

Old 02-25-2008, 03:02 AM   #2
Menhir
These kind of mutations symbolize some the abyss in the morph breeding hobby. Do this next step and breeding two headed animals, tailless animals, eyeless animals is just a stone's throw away.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:04 AM   #3
Rich in KY
It is very different, I give you that.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:09 AM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
Looks wicked cool...
But I'm sure you know that it looks like a hybrid. <lol>

Aspects of it remind me of this.

How long has he been working on this project?
Perhaps you could have Brian himself come post?

Old 02-25-2008, 03:09 AM   #5
Menhir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in KY View Post
It is very different
It is not, an eyeless animal will also eat fine in a viv, shed fine, mate fine.
Quo vadis guttatus morph breeding?

Old 02-25-2008, 03:13 AM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
I think you jumped the gun, Menhir. I don't think Rich was talking to you, he was posting about the snake.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:22 AM   #7
BT41042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menhir View Post
These kind of mutations symbolize some the abyss in the morph breeding hobby. Do this next step and breeding two headed animals, tailless animals, eyeless animals is just a stone's throw away.
To each their own...I personally like them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckkat View Post
Looks wicked cool...
But I'm sure you know that it looks like a hybrid. <lol>

Aspects of it remind me of this.

How long has he been working on this project?
Perhaps you could have Brian himself come post?
Nope - No hybrid...Listen to the last 10 minutes of www.blogtalkradio.com/reptileradio...Brian gives all the details on the project...Thanks for the comments guys...

BT

Old 02-25-2008, 03:40 AM   #8
BT41042
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT41042 View Post
To each their own...I personally like them...

Nope - No hybrid...Listen to the last 10 minutes of www.blogtalkradio.com/reptileradio...Brian gives all the details on the project...Thanks for the comments guys...

BT
Should be www.blogtalkradio.com/reptileradio

BT

Old 02-25-2008, 03:41 AM   #9
Velvet
Looks 100% hybrid to me. Not just the fact that it has no scales, it's colours are all wrong for a normal (or any other pure corn I have seen) and its head is the wrong shape.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:49 AM   #10
toyah
What morph is that one in the original picture?

How does the mutation behave - dominant, recessive?

Do specific adaptations have to be made for these snakes for them to live safely?

Is it completely scaleless, or do residual scales remain? Does its belly have scales? Vent area?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google