CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Anyone on facebook see this???

Old 05-19-2010, 11:33 PM   #31
vetusvates
Besides all of Shiari/Megan's points,.....

The head/face/mouth is shaped odd. And IMHO, the dorsalmost scales look much more heavily keeled than a corn snake. And I am seeing more of a triangle-shaped cross-section than loaf of bread.

NOTE : If/when this turns out to be the latest greatest paradox or whatever....I will humbly welcome the pointy dunce hat.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:53 AM   #32
TandJ
Reminds me of a Pied Persian Rat Snake.. I don't see evidence of photo shopping, even in the reflection, I see a really crappy picture that makes certain things not overly clear.. I say some sort of a rat snake, very similair to a Persian Pied Rat Snake from the best I can tell..

If its a corn, thats cool, if its not a corn, thats cool too.. Of course how is one going to test for hybridism to begin with..? You can't and it would not prove a thing.. Only thing one could do is work through the DNA strands , and that is eithier way to costly at this point, or it may not have even been done wit the lowly corn..

Old 05-20-2010, 02:48 AM   #33
RavenSpirit360
Guess there are offers of 12,000 and such being thrown out there for this guy.. I agree that its possible that it could be a horrible photo.. I know cell phones can really take some bad photos.. I am awaiting further photos to see in better detail.. He said he will take some.. But Corn snake?? I dont see it..

Old 05-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #34
RavenSpirit360
Hes being defensive and saying I have bad social skills now for asking all these questions.. This after I tell him that a friend of mine thinks it may be a grey rat.. I dont care, whatever, we will see what happens... I just hope whoevers hands it ends up in that they know their cornsnakes and is not just someone trying to make a quick buck..

Old 05-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #35
Shiari
Being defensive and saying you having bad social skills when questioning an animal potentially worth thousands and thousands of dollars? Classic scammer behaviour.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:54 AM   #36
RavenSpirit360
Either that or hes like a lot of people on this planet that just get defensive automatically for no real reason.. He blocked me now, so there will be no further correspondence..

Old 05-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #37
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenSpirit360 View Post
Hes being defensive and saying I have bad social skills now for asking all these questions.. This after I tell him that a friend of mine thinks it may be a grey rat.. I dont care, whatever, we will see what happens... I just hope whoevers hands it ends up in that they know their cornsnakes and is not just someone trying to make a quick buck..
LOL at that. Stephenie, you are one of the nicest, most non-threatening, open, benefit-of-the-doubt people I know.
Last time I checked, posting a pic, captioned with precise descriptive information....was what I call 'good' social skills.
Floating a pic, testing the waters at how it goes over, and then fading back into the shadows...is hmmm...dubious, at best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Being defensive and saying you having bad social skills when questioning an animal potentially worth thousands and thousands of dollars? Classic scammer behaviour.
Megan, I'm still riding in your wagon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenSpirit360 View Post
Either that or hes like a lot of people on this planet that just get defensive automatically for no real reason.. He blocked me now, so there will be no further correspondence..
"Weirdness factor" is escalating. Never bodes well.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #38
Lore
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionythicus View Post
I call Shenanigans!!
I agree whole heartily...

I mean what he crap... look at the WC Corn Cat I totally nabbed in my back yard in 2007

& seriously... that is one photoshop hackjob... my mad shop skillz have refined since then.... he could also be placed IN a tank.... same same reflection made... 'lighten the opacity' for realism' I'm made a wickid awesome Tugery too (Tiger Turkey) it totally lurks in the woods near my house I have a photo n everything!

thing is on that picture the scales on the head are just not right... WHY try to make something up like this & try to make ppl believe you are getting thousands of dollars for it... because you are an attn whore... congrats, you've found gullibles on the internet...

The fact that you were blocked after asking honest questions, only shows that indeed this animal is nothing but a Turgery 'they have a wickid bite I tell you'

Old 05-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #39
vetusvates

Lore, You are pushing it. I may have to block you.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #40
sciencechick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lore View Post

thing is on that picture the scales on the head are just not right... WHY try to make something up like this & try to make ppl believe you are getting thousands of dollars for it... because you are an attn whore... congrats, you've found gullibles on the internet...
It seems to me that they may try to sell some normals for high prices that are supposed to be from this snake. They have a nice little reasoning for why they can't produce the snake but why they have some "hets" to sell, and why they don't want any of those "valuable" snakes for themselves.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google