CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Scaleless Hatchling Shed Problem

Old 12-14-2019, 04:15 PM   #1
DanCruzNYC
Scaleless Hatchling Shed Problem

Would like some advice from keepers of scaleless corn snakes. I have a trio of scaleless hatchlings. Two of them have shed no problem in one piece.

Today I found one struggling to shed her skin. It's rolled up by her eyes. She's in a hatchling tub (shoebox size) with under tank heat tape. I misted the tub and left a damp paper towel in there to increase the humidity.

I'm worried about her eyes not sure if the scaleless corn snakes have scales on their eyes and I don't want to try to pull her shed. Does anyone here have experience with these scaleless little guys?

Thanks
Dan

Old 12-15-2019, 02:10 AM   #2
CornsAustria
At first - scaleless shed as normal as scaled snakes do - they have shed on their eyes like others too..

scaleless snakes need a higher humidity to have no shedding problems - so I always have a wetbox in it - a small box with wet moss in it so they can use it when they diggest also as they want to shed.. its nessasary for them in my opinion...
If you don't have the oportunity to give them a wet box, please mist in their shedding cycle two times a day so the humidity is a bit higher
I attatched you a picture from a box that I use for my underyearlings

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google