CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Feeding Time

Old 04-09-2020, 06:51 AM   #1
megdobbs09
Feeding Time

Hey guys, I haven't had to ask any questions in a long time because my snakes been doing well and on a normal schedule. However yesterday, we went to feed him (btw we feed him in his tank thawed nice and have had no issues so please let's not talk about a separate feeding box) Anyway, we fed him a little earlier in the day due to him being super active (take him out, put the mouse in, put him back in) and he wants nothing to do with it. We left it in the overnight thinking maybe he will eat it during the night. Nope still nothing. Could he just not be hungry? Could it be that mouse? He's never not eaten before, sure sometimes he's slithered around a bit before eating but he still eats it regardless. He just shed a week ago.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Old 04-09-2020, 07:56 AM   #2
67temp
Being super active and not wanting to eat sounds about right for this time of year. He has other things on his mind.

Old 04-09-2020, 08:03 AM   #3
megdobbs09
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
Being super active and not wanting to eat sounds about right for this time of year. He has other things on his mind.
We were thinking about that if maybe he's looking for a "friend"

Old 04-09-2020, 08:03 AM   #4
megdobbs09
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
Should we wait a few extra days to try again?

Old 04-10-2020, 09:26 PM   #5
Frank Pinello
Yes waiting a few days and try again is a good idea. Don’t worry if he doesn’t eat for a few weeks or so. As long as he appears healthy and is not loosing much weight.

Old 04-11-2020, 12:49 PM   #6
megdobbs09
You guys! We have an update. Turns out, he is a she! LOL she laid an egg So I guess she was just trying to get it out of her? But there's only one which is weird.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google