CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Caramel Blood Reds

Old 08-31-2008, 03:29 PM   #21
Caryl
"Boo" to no more caramel bloods - unless of course, you'd like to ship those poor unwanted caramel bloods you currently have to me. I'd be delighted to try and work something out! Or maybe, even though you're not marking hets any more, you have some left over caramels het for blood? I'se tryin'. (My smileys won't work, but read "Big Grin" here.)

Thanks for the reply in any case.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:50 PM   #22
Rich Z
Yeah, hets carrying the Amber Blood Red mix were one of the reasons I decided to abandon labelling hets. Every year I have to create a ton of new pages of labels, and it was just getting WAY out of hand. After having to run over to house to print up another set of labels after a dozen or so new sets, I just decided this was CRAZY.

Seriously, people just don't want to pay enough for hets to really be worth the trouble of keeping track of them. Even for my own projects, I am much more less inclined to even hold back hets except in the initial project stages. Before, I would hold back any single homozygous offspring that were possible hets for the one or more other genes necessary to make my target complete. But the NUMBER of animals I was keeping has just gotten ridiculous. So I just keep the fully homozygous animals and don't even bother making notes of the ones that are possible hets any longer. Just too much work involved with little return on the effort expended.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #23
Caryl
Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the reply. (Sorry I was delayed in expressing appreciated. We had a minor visit from Gustav.)

Old 09-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #24
Tom Tuttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Actually, since I am now producing the Amber Blood Reds and a few Butter Blood Reds (Sulfurs), I really don't have much incentive to produce the Caramel Bloods any longer.

On a more positive note, I have decided to lower the price substantially on the Amber Bloods, since it seems I way overshot the mark on them when I set up my price list.
Rich can you pm me an updated price on the amber bloods? I'd also be interested in any adult or sub adult Caramel bloods.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #25
spirit975
Out of interest, i don`t suppose you have any belly shots of the caramel bloods by any chance please?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #26
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsthompson View Post
Rich can you pm me an updated price on the amber bloods? I'd also be interested in any adult or sub adult Caramel bloods.
I'm thinking I may put the price at $400 each for the Amber Bloods. If I can ever find the time to update the price list. Still out of date from before Expo..... Many of the 2007s are gone that are still showing on my price list.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #27
starsevol
Rich, are you selling caramel bloods? I don't see them on your price list...

Old 12-17-2008, 08:29 AM   #28
Kim_Hansson
Whammy! Those are some nice looking Caramel bloods!
You were talking about your caramel lavenders Rich, how about a picture? I would seriuosly like to see one of those!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google