CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

New technique??

Old 03-20-2011, 12:32 AM   #1
Jadie.Glitch
New technique??

I just discovered a pretty ghetto-fab technique, lol. Using a standard point-and-shoot camera (it's a Fujifilm FinePix Z20fd), the flash was overpowering my subject so I put my finger over it and instead of just toning down the bright light like I somehow expected, it actually gave the pictures this awesome pink/red ambiance (from the flash going through my finger-meats).

I'm not sure if this is already a thing or not (I'm sure I'm not the first person who's tried it), but I thought it might interest some of the more amateur photographers out there.

Here is with flash:

Here is with the finger-covered flash:

Old 03-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
Jessicat
I think it would be a lot more effective to make your own flash diffuser. You can basically use anything white and kind of wrap it around where your flash is. You'll get a similar effect of not washing out your subject so much, yet you won't get the weird color that your finger tints the picture.

Here's a random image from a google search of "home made flash diffuser". You can get creative.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
SquamishSerpents
you couldn't have used a word other than "finger meat" LOL!!!!!

i laughed so hard. a very gross way to put it, haha.

i don't think a Finepix is a DLSR, but i think they have pop-up flashes? if so you can try this!

Pop-up Flash Diffuser

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google