CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

The Nikon P500

Old 05-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #11
ShenziSixaxis
^ Looks great. Do you have any close ups of reptiles inside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Apple Herps View Post
You could pick up a used D40 body probably pretty cheap, and then get another decent lens. I bet you could get a used DSLR set up for ~$400. I agree with others, if you're spending that $$ get a DSLR. Plus as you can afford it, you can get additional lenses, etc so you can really get the shots you want.
I could only find it on Amazon for $375, and I actually was really straying away from the D40 because of the 6.1 MP; I use all the editing room that my L110's 12.1 gives me, especially if I'm editing something to use for my laptop's back-round without any stretching of the image.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #12
medusacoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenziSixaxis View Post
^ Looks great. Do you have any close ups of reptiles inside?
Sure do!

Wayne

Old 05-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #13
rickmoss95
checked out the nikon you were talking about. read a TON on it and read alot of reviews. in my opinion...for the price i dont think you will find a better camera. i am looking at the nikon d5100 also and it is incredible! but it is a dslr and costs around a grand(little less)...but for the $400 bucks for the one you mentioned, ide say well worth the money!!! i talked to a guy who has 4 dslrs(nikons and canons) and he recently bought one, and he loves it...he is a friend of mine who happens to be a professional photagrapher, this is how he makes his money, so i think this camera would be soooo worth the money! so if i cant swing the money to buy the d5100, im gonna buy the p500(i think is the model)

Old 05-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #14
ShenziSixaxis
I'm actually looking at the Olympus E-520 now. tyflier posted that it's what he uses, and he has some freaking great pictures.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:59 PM   #15
medusacoils
The Nikon Coolpix P500 is a nice camera. Has a lot of potential and we look forward to seeing what it would be capable of during my sons football season. Getting those action shots from across the field. We love the camera and would recommend it anyone.

Thanks

Wayne

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google