CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Canon - EOS Digital Rebel T3 12.2-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera

Old 12-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
Jenn_Tigercat
Question Canon - EOS Digital Rebel T3 12.2-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera

I am looking at getting a new and better camera and was looking at the canon camera's. I have heard good things about them. What do some of you photographers think. I want to be able to take close up decent photos of my snakes and reptiles. The camera I use now is a Kodak and it absolutely sucks. Was good when I first got it but now the focus is shot on it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+-+...&skuId=1987075

If you have other suggestions on cameras please post them here.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
That's the exact camera I have. I absolutely love it and would definitely recommend it. It has lots of automatic settings for 'beginners', but it also has lots of manual settings as well. I find it works well for macro shots as well. It's super easy to use and I've had mine for two years now and have never had any issues or problems with it.

Most of the photos in my albums on this site are taken with this camera with the standard lens (although a few of the close-up photos are taken with a macro lens).

Old 12-26-2011, 03:09 AM   #3
The_Thunderer
My wife just got the T3i.... I don't know what the differences are, but she LOVES it! Most of the presents I bought for her go with her new hobby - which she's getting pretty good at!

Good luck and hope to see some great pics soon!

Old 12-26-2011, 04:00 AM   #4
Jenn_Tigercat
Thanks. Yeah I love taking photos, especially scenic shots and such. I love taking shots of the tigers up at the zoo and those usually come out awesome cause the tigers are at a distance. Anything close to the camera and using the zoom and my camera seems to just laugh at me. That is more then likely the camera I am going to get. Thanks again

Old 12-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #5
jayson rafter
I have that same camera & love it. I also take lots of shots of scenic stuff.its great for beginers & pros.
I thought it was gonna be difficult to use!! But ended up Super easy!!!
-Jay

Old 12-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
Jenn_Tigercat
Ended up getting it and I must say I absolutely love it. The colors that showed up on Lucifer and Jareth OMG the best I have ever seen. You can really see how pink they are. Will post some photos in the photos section. Now to save up for a Macro Lens

Old 12-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
jayson rafter
Awesome!! & Congrats!! There even more amazing with the macros!
-Jay

Old 12-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #8
Irish Eyes (Mrs.Z)
I got the T3i for my youngest son last year for his birthday (in January), and he loves it! It doesn't have as many options as my 50D, but he doesn't care, because he does everything manually. The T3i takes a standard SD card for photo storage, whereas mine takes an Ultra 11, which is physically larger than a regular SD card.

Congratulations! Stay on the lookout for some decent lenses that don't cost you your first and second-born males, and you're good to go. Did you check dpreview.com? They have lots and lots of info that you might find helpful.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #9
Jenn_Tigercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes (Mrs.Z) View Post
I got the T3i for my youngest son last year for his birthday (in January), and he loves it! It doesn't have as many options as my 50D, but he doesn't care, because he does everything manually. The T3i takes a standard SD card for photo storage, whereas mine takes an Ultra 11, which is physically larger than a regular SD card.

Congratulations! Stay on the lookout for some decent lenses that don't cost you your first and second-born males, and you're good to go. Did you check dpreview.com? They have lots and lots of info that you might find helpful.
No I haven't thanks. I am going to be on the look out for a macro lens.

Where are you a zookeeper at?

Old 12-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #10
HeavenHell
Here's a couple of good resources when you're ready to buy a lens or two.

http://www.photozone.de/reviews
http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...os_lenses.html

I have the Tamron 90mm macro and like it a lot!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google