• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

January in Florida.

Took some video yesterday of the ice pellets and sleet. Probably not real impressive looking to people up north, I guess. But this was an UGLY DAY for Florida, in my opinion.

RE: global warming.

So many people are crying global warming about this *specific* event that I'm sick of seeing it.

This is NOT caused by global warming but more appropriately, our sun has had the lowest solar activity that our population has recorded (or ever seen) and this is the effect. Our sun goes through a cyclic pattern that affects our weather and environment tremendously (you can research this) which may, in fact, possibly even cause a minor ice age.

I am not saying global warming isn't real, I've written research papers for Chemistry on it in college, focusing on emissions and bonding (or lack there of). But it's not as big of a cause for catastrophe as is being subject to a greater and volatile solar system/galaxy/universe, which could - for all intents and purposes, eradicate the entire planet on a whim.

http://www.space.com/23934-weak-solar-cycle-space-weather.html

Yeah, I find it amazing how people can come up with all sorts of novel reasons how global warming can cause widespread cooling. I read one somewhere that "scientists" were claiming that the oceans were absorbing the warming somehow to produce the cooling effect. Seriously, I wish I had had their knack for improvisation when I was trying to come up with excuses in high school about why my homework wasn't done.

I can accept that the earth could be getting warmer, perhaps even on a global scale. But that human beings are the cause of it? Well, I haven't seen a sales pitch for that which I would consider buying.

Rich,

Thought you'd like to see this.

Taken By Me...Right here In ohio...In front of my computer. This is a clump of snow from outside....

I'll let you & other Viewers Judge for yourselves.......

And for comparison.....

And Finally....A Pic of the Burnt SnowBall?? Lol!

Attachments

• 20140130-62.JPG
    20140130-62.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 41
:shrugs:

Beats the heck out of me. But I'm guessing you are going to have a heck of a mess if that stuff doesn't melt by springtime.

I guess it could be worse, though. Suppose it were flammable?

:shrugs:

Beats the heck out of me. But I'm guessing you are going to have a heck of a mess if that stuff doesn't melt by springtime.

I guess it could be worse, though. Suppose it were flammable?

Rich,

LOL!!! Yeah that would be something!

It doesn't melt... It seems to evaporate.

If it were me, I would put some in a container and store it in the freezer, just for the heck of it. Then also put some in a clear bottle and keep it at room temperature to see if there is any water there when it melts. If not, I would be REAL curious about the gas content that remained after it evaporated.

Cotton candy snow? Wonder how widespread this is? Seems people would notice that when the snow melted there would be no water remaining on the roads and sidewalks.

Hey Rich
It's going to be 45 degrees here today !!!!
So I thought I'd open the curtains to the back deck and enjoy the view
:bang: :eek1: :punch:

Attachments

• 022014snow 020.JPG
    022014snow 020.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 28
Rich,
Just wanted to let you know that us northerners are doing our best to keep the polar vortex up here and spare you southerners from the cold. :)
Check out the overnight -8 !

I'm finally going to say it !!! THIS IS REDICULIOUS !!!

Attachments

• -8 003.PNG
    -8 003.PNG
    257.6 KB · Views: 36
OK now it's getting really ridiculous :punch:

After below average temps we hit 77 degrees last Friday and this is what we woke up to today. 2 inches of snow :shrugs:

Guess I was a little pre-mature on putting the lawn furniture out :headbang:

Attachments

• aprilsnow 021.JPG
    aprilsnow 021.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 32
  • aprilsnow 022.JPG
    aprilsnow 022.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 32
OK now it's getting really ridiculous :punch:

After below average temps we hit 77 degrees last Friday and this is what we woke up to today. 2 inches of snow :shrugs:

Guess I was a little pre-mature on putting the lawn furniture out :headbang:

Got down to 41 degrees here last night. Still only 59 degrees out, but should hit 70 before the day is done.

With another blast of cold on the way, I thought this YouTube video about "global warming" to be interesting....

Since it's winter, Rich333 and I went manatee hunting yesterday. We found three manatees, plus a LOT of water snakes, mud and snapping turtles, a red frog and a really pretty crayfish walking around on land. I love Florida winters!!

The forecast here in north Florida for Wednesday and Thursday night is low to mid 20s..... :awcrap:

Back