CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Flower pics from May, 2019

Old 06-03-2019, 09:03 PM   #1
Rich Z
Flower pics from May, 2019

More flowers blooming last month. Not so many, however. Or maybe there were, but the yellow flies made it rather unattractive to be standing around outside trying to take photos.

Old 06-04-2019, 10:55 AM   #2
Twolunger
Beautiful photos. Invest in a beekeeper's suit and snap all the photos you want. LOL.

Old 06-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #3
Rich Z
At one time Connie was thinking about becoming a bee keeper. Until she got stung by a couple of yellow jackets. That caused her to lose interest in a hurry.

Prior to that she has sometimes even miraculously avoided bee stings so she was thinking maybe she was charmed or something. She's not real fond of them any longer. She won't wish ill on honey bees, but yellow jackets and hornets aren't welcome visitors.

Old 06-04-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
Twolunger
Beekeeping is a lot of fun. I had a few hives before I went into the Army. Getting stung is avoided by wearing a beekeeper suit with appropriate facemask/helmet. I got stung a few times when I didn't wear my suit, because the Midnight strain of bees were usually calm. I didn't make that mistake again. But hornet and wasp stings were very painful compared to the bees.

Old 06-05-2019, 07:42 PM   #5
GMR_TFH
very nice Rich! Love the colors! I'm not a bee person either. Of course I'm allergic to them so they're on my list of things to watch out for.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:10 AM   #6
SnakeCreations
Beautiful photos!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google