CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

are you still feeding your snake mice & rats ???
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 12:05 PM   #91
TripleMoonsExotic
YIKES! This is going to get messy...

Old 02-23-2005, 12:09 PM   #92
Vinman
gintha -#1 blakkat -#2

#1 please read the whole therad before posting I not trying to be fresh this has been posted at least 6 times and your answer is yes rep cal and the bones in chicken necks. #2 you are right it may look be professional but don't tell me that you have to spell correct In order to be a good snakeeper or to come up with good ideas .He should have not corrected and down graded me when he composed the sentance the way he did ( A baby corn's diet is MOSTLY things besides mice.) and goes to collage. I'm dis-lex -ick ( I tred to find the correct spelling) it is not a bad case but it still screws me up and also have a eye hand cordination problem I'm doing the best I can, lucky for me I have 115 IQ to compensate for my down comings. As I post more and more I learn to spell new words everyday. Please be patient. Now can we stick the issue If anybody would like to try this I will be more than glad to answer any questions that you have.If anybody does the same I would appreciate if you can post your experience. If you dont want to post on this thread because your afraid of being ridiculed you can allways Private message me .thank you, Vinny Ritchie

Old 02-23-2005, 12:14 PM   #93
luvofthechase
wasnt meant to offend. Gees, take a joke.
If were all going to be "politically correct", whats the point of having the descussion.

Old 02-23-2005, 12:53 PM   #94
Vinman
Angry stop the crap NOW!!!

I put this thread up to post to see if any wanted to try somthing new I didn't want to go into a debate over wether you belive it is healthy or not. I made that clear in the first cople of post.How do yo know how in the long run 10 - 15 years what the mite remedies do to your snake. I dont tkink they were tested that long but it has fancy lable and package .I want all this bull crap to stop now (name calling, baggering, making fun of retarted people, and going off the topic. not reading the whole thread and ask ques. that have been already asked before ). Look I never clamed that my diet was the diet of the gods It works for me so far and saved me alot of money. We will see in the future if this works out, it may not but if it dose I will have given the hobby a new way to feed their animals. one last note if a state was trying to pass a law some were to ban herps that eat rodents, what would you do then. I'm a vendor in the white planes show for years now. People ask me all the time do you have any snakes that dont eat bugs or rodents and when I say no you have to see the face of a disapointed kid that cant have a pet snake because of its diet.

Old 02-23-2005, 12:53 PM   #95
E. g. guttata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman
This is uncalled for - (The big thing I worry about Vinman is that you, knowing you goofed off in school and aren't very literate, haven't taken the time to try to teach yourself more words and haven't even attempted to spell them correctly, even using basic "cheater's programs" that help do it for you. This IMO shows at least a basic level of ignorance, that I am worried will be transferred to your snakes, ultimately resulting in premature death. Now that you "let the chicken out of the bag", I have a few things to say.) - What does knowing how to spell, have to do with taking care of snakes I been breeding snakes before you were born, this may sound harsh. but you post this kinda crap about me. wether I use a cheater progam or not the fact is that I still dont spell very well. So it looks good . big deal so if I used a cheter progam and the words are spelled correctly all of a sudden now I know what I doing . This makes no sense. weather the words are correctly spelled or not you can read what I'm saying.If you are so smart how come you dont know that I give my snakes organ meat I posted it 3 times you didn't read this, or were you too much in a hurry being a smart ass teen age punk! For a guy that goes to collage ,you write like this ( A baby corn's diet is MOSTLY things besides mice. ) Is this how you were taught in school to compose a sentence ? I sure their is more in your post, if I wanted to, but I got better things to do with my time. people who live in glass houses should not throw stones . Screw you. everybody else hane a nice day. VINNY
Let me highlight a few reasons why you are starting to look worse than I am. First: I never called you any names. Ignorance is something we all deal with, it means uneducated. Second: if I use a word in all capps, it means I'm STRESSING A FRIEKING POINT! Third: what good does it do you to call me a "smart ass teen age punk"? I have yet to hear anyone complain about me being a smartass, because I take the time to read and try to learn about what I'm saying. This post of yours is in no way needed. Don't EVER try to embarass me again. This is your one warning. I may only be 18, but as far as I'm concerned, I show a lot more maturity than you have so far.

I never discounted your use of organs, but it is not a complete spectrum of what the snake deals with. If you can't wrap your mind around this concept, then your 22 years of experience ammounts to nothing. All anybody is saying is that it seems your diet lacks the nutritional standard that these snakes have in the wild, and that it cannot simply be made up by using calcium and multivitamin supplements. I alos notived that you didn't read far enough to realize that I was agreeing with you that corns don't eat just mice. You seem stuck on yourself.

If you could just slow down a little, read a grammar book or two, and practice your spelling, maybe I would pay more attention to the fact that you're getting annoyed, but as of now I don't care. You have just proven why you should not be keeping corns. You have just stated that if you don't know something, why bother to learn it? This idea is your big problem, not your corns' diet. If you don't take the time to learn a little something, then what good does experience do you?? Remember, people used to think leeches were a good way of getting rid of disease. The only way they found out it wasn't was by learning that diseases had their own properties and that they could make a medicine to fix it. Oh, and in case your wondoering about where that came from, I learned it in 8th grade history, when we were being taught about how George Washington died.

Old 02-23-2005, 01:07 PM   #96
TripleMoonsExotic
Vinman, grammer and spelling is not about being a good keeper. It's about looking creditable. If you have Microsoft Word, type your replies in the program and make all the necassary corrections before copying and pasting onto the thread. It should help you considerably.

Old 02-23-2005, 01:53 PM   #97
oldhand
Quote:
Vinman, grammer and spelling is not about being a good keeper. It's about looking creditable. If you have Microsoft Word, type your replies in the program and make all the necassary corrections before copying and pasting onto the thread. It should help you considerably.
I agree. I do it (9 time's ou of 10 now) as i am also severley dislexic. But i do agree vinman that typing the words do inmprove things, but doing so in a chat room (like the 1 provided here) improves thing's further.

Back on topic, do we need world war 3? This is what the thread is turning in to, it's getting into another "housing corns togehter" thread.

Old 02-23-2005, 02:14 PM   #98
Vinman
E.e.g.

I read everthing you wrote dont try to switch everthing around first you bash me about my spelling after you worded your sentance wrong and you go to collage to boot.writing in caps Is yelling and is not tollrated on this sight from what I been told. you mention that my snakes get no organ meat. your own words (As stated above several times, snakes need more than just the meat of an animal (kidneys, liver, brain, heart, etc.) I know you have stated that you give calcium and vitamin supplaments to your snakes, but I don't think that it's enough to counter-act the fact that the snakes aren't getting the organs that they normally get from rodents ) In the second post you go on to contradict your self and say ( I never discounted your use of organs, but it is not a complete spectrum of what the snake deals with. If you can't wrap your mind around this concept, then your 22 years of experience ammounts to nothing. All anybody is saying is that it seems your diet lacks the nutritional standard that these snakes have in the wild, and that it cannot simply be made up by using calcium and multivitamin supplements. That supplemts dont work. Well not according to rich z. he swears by it .now tell me that rich dont know what he is talking about eather. I never said that I use mulit vitanim Hurly said it not me I said I will try it. the only person that embarassed you is yourself . The fact that wild baby corns diet is mainly made up of lizards is a fact and has been printed in many books and repitle mags. you say you are willing to learn so why didn't ask me any good ques. All you did was try is put me down HOw many years have you been breeding snakes? How many do you own ?

Old 02-23-2005, 02:21 PM   #99
Vinman
Thumbs up blckkat and oldhand

I just started to learn how to use a computer In june of 04 I havent got much exp. with programs. soon I hope

Old 02-23-2005, 02:27 PM   #100
Joejr14
Vinman, Rich doesn't feed his snakes chicken necks either.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread