CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

are you still feeding your snake mice & rats ???
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 12:52 AM   #321
airenlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
We're OK as long as Brent doesn't find this....
Then we wouldn't want to bump this thread, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
D..n straigtht she is hot.
And I'm going to 3rd this statement!

Old 05-07-2009, 12:58 AM   #322
MedusaCorns

Old 05-07-2009, 04:35 AM   #323
Vinman
For all fo you that comented, all you can do is give a oppion but no facts to back anything up I still feed chicken . Unless you expermented with it for a few years you have no leg to stand on all oppions are worth nothing being you have nothing to back it on. On the other hand I been doing this for many years . If it did not work I would just come out a tell you it faled but the truth of the matter using just the chicken and turkey without rodents had one floor ther was not enough fat in the meals. Boiling took away too much fat contant. Over the last few years I have used mice and chicken parts . I break up all the bones with the back of a cleaver then cut up the meat. I also use hearts, liver and gizzards . I don't use the brests because there in hardly no fat contant. Other than that all is well so before you criticize you need facts to back you up . In other words you got to prove it fails before you can say it dont work. Now being I have wrote this thread on 02-21-2005 and in my first post I stated I been doing it for 2.5 years now it is 4 years latter so we are looking at 6.5 years of using this method . Yes I had to modifiy it some degree. The next step is to use raw cut up chicken and turkey and see if there is any difference in using the cooked meat. That means setting up a separate collection. At the presant time I dont see it happing in the neer future , I dont have the room in my small apartment. I'm glad to say my animals are healthy and doing well. Had a good year with the breeding. I do havve to admit I saved a ton of money doing this and before you go putting it down you might want to try it out with a pr of snake and get some facts to what happens. You will see that I been right . Now when I started this I also was talking to the supertendant of the bronx zoo reptile house William Hollstrom. Bill have been in many books with his work on anacondas. He had told me there largest burm was donated to them by a guy that just fed it raw supermarket chicken. Another breeder told me a friend of his breeds a pair Boa constrictors on nothing but chicken drumsticks. So there you go. Dont be so closed minded.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:50 AM   #324
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
DYK that Vinny no longer feeds chicken (or the other white meat or red meat) to his snakes, but says he has not had any bad side-effects for the time period he was?

DYK that I personally can't stand the DYK thread and consider it a poor substitute for chat and really wish I could find some rule or regulation or ANYTHING to give me cause to close it?

DYK that if the economy continues along the track it is, we will ALL be eating mice and rats because we cannot afford chicken any longer?
No I still do but at that time I stoped for like 4 months then went back to doing it again . I seen no diferance with the pure rodent diet compared to the intergrated diet

I had no idea this thread was still being posted on or eles I would have posted on it sooner

Old 05-07-2009, 06:36 AM   #325
Susan
I'm sick of this and will no longer deal with it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread