CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

PLEASE HELP!

Old 04-14-2002, 11:42 PM   #1
Ares
Unhappy PLEASE HELP!

I think my snake is gonna regurgitate!! Infact Im pretty sure he is,
I just fed him 2 fuzzies and now he's going in circles around the cage
opening his mouth and banging into stuff like he wants to shed.
Please is there anything I can do for him????
I hate seeing him like this!!
I fed him two fuzzies before with no problems I dont why he
is doing this now!!

Old 04-15-2002, 12:23 AM   #2
Simon
Are you certain that it's because of the fuzzies? Cause to me, it doesn't seem like too much fuzzies. Opening its mouth......as in all the time or just kinda like a yawn. If it's like a yawn, then it's because that its repositioning it's jaws back to it's original position. Opening mouth all the time might be a sign of respitory infection. Take it to an experienced herp vet asap, also increase the tank's temperature.

Mine yawns all the time after it's meal. Then rubs it's head on something (it's like telling me that it's full) everytime I see them do something like this, they don't want anymore mice........

but tjen keep a good eye at it and see what happens.....

if it ate 2 fuzzies before and didn't have any problems, this time eatting 2 fuzzies shouldn't be much of a problem either.

Good luck and Happy Herping!

Old 04-15-2002, 12:44 AM   #3
jim
ares,
if you fed him inside his tank he may have partially ingested some of the substrate and just may be trying to get it out of his mouth. i've seen this happen a few times and it looks like the same kind of behavior as pre-shedding. probably nothing serious to worry about. if he is going to regurgitate at this point there is nothing you can do to stop him but it doesn't sound to me as if it is that serious. good luck!!!--- jim

Old 04-15-2002, 02:17 AM   #4
joe clark
Unhappy Regurge.........

Ares,
I just sent you a private message concerning your 'possible regurge.' What type of substrate is your corn being kept on?
joe clark

Old 04-15-2002, 12:14 PM   #5
Ares
Dazed and Confused

Hey guys,
Im half asleep while writing this, I stayed up pretty much most of the night
keeping an eye on him. Up until about 3:30am he looked like he wasn't gonna make it, he looked like he was in pain, he kept slithering around the tank real fast and then he would stop and do something that looked like a mini ceasure
with his mouth open. Also he kept banging his head on anything and everything that came in his way. I checked up on him again at 5am and he looked exhausted just resting against the glass. But he didn't regurgitate. Right now he seems fine just rolled up on top of the heat mat. Thanx for the replys. I really started to panic when he did this (he never did it before).

Here is where Im confused, what caused this?? Like Simon said, if he ate 2 fuzzies before with no problem then it cant be that. What I was wondering is if Vitamin supplement can go bad?? I usually put vitamin supplement on the fuzzies maybe two times out of the four times I feed him a month. I use the spray bottle kind, and its always in the fridge when Im not using it.

Any input would be great, I dont want a repeat of last night to happen again it was too stressful for both the snake and ME!!!! ehehe

Old 04-15-2002, 01:26 PM   #6
Jr Nimeskern
It sounds like he ingested some substrate in or around his mouth...but it sounds like you fixed the problem...I think your only suppose to use the vitamin supplement once a month...hope I helped.

Old 04-15-2002, 02:53 PM   #7
Gregg
Question Spray on vitamins

I may be wrong here, but it could be that your snake doesn't (didn't) like the taste of the vitamin suppliment.

I would suggest not spraying the fuzzy on the outside with a vitamin suppliment. Rather, inject the fuzzy, or feed it to the fuzzy right before you feed the fuzzy to your snake.

Try a non-sprayed fuzzy and see how your snake responds.

Old 04-15-2002, 04:07 PM   #8
Solaris16
Mine also reacts strange to vitamins, just leave him be and see what happens! Good luck! Wendy

Old 04-15-2002, 04:24 PM   #9
nicky
um

yo ares
about your corn maybe he olny is a bit surprised and his tummyies hurting? My brother runs around his room when he eats to much maybe your corn is just a little over full. I know how horrible it must be to see him like this maybe turn the temp up a little to help him digest fast. Maybe he's feeling under the weather I hop he'll be ok just don't give up hope.
goood luck pal!

p.s why don't you e-mail me anymore? ya bussy with term exsames or sumothing?
good luck hope your cute little corn gets better

Old 04-15-2002, 05:37 PM   #10
Ares
Here he is!

This is Ares as of right now! Im pretty excited
after reading the threads about digital cameras
I got interested in buying one and then after last
nights little fiasco I remembered I had no pics of
my snake, so today I went out and bought
a digital camera, Its a Fugi Finepix 2600
it's a great little camera that takes both
pics and mini movies.

Thanx again guys

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google