• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Different looking Blizzard

Cool!

As mentioned, the eyes are even way different then the rest! Thats got still look different after it sheds.Whatever it is, it sure is cool looking! WTG Rich! I think hatching those wierd looking animals is what has kept me going so long!:cheers:

Very nice Rich, Translucent comes to mind Sure looks like it Dragons,Chameleons,Geckos
why not Corns?

The "clear" snake a few of you refered to popped into my mind as well but didn't want to jump the gun. Here is the websight with the info on it.
http://www.cornsnakemorphs.com/projects.html

That is the thing I thought of first, too. If it STAYS that color, I doubt it will survive a month. I wasn't going to jinx anything by saying it first, though. I hope, for you Rich, that is STAYS different and is very healthy!

Very nice Rich, Translucent comes to mind Sure looks like it Dragons,Chameleons,Geckos
why not Corns?

It's been used already.....lol. It was a horrible description for what is now called Lava, but it was used in corns, too. :)

Original post by Rich Z
Yeah, I guess my philosophy is somewhat different from a lot of people. I don't breed snakes primarily to sell. I breed them because I want to produce interesting animals. When something new hatches out, I don't see dollar signs dancing before my eyes. I see the potential for a whole new world of possibilities that just opened up. Doesn't mean it will actually work out that way, but I can hope....

Ditto.........

Nothing wrong with this philosophy ;)

Trouble is, when one posts a photograph of an interesting animal, which may have taken years to produce, the response is usually "How much do you want for it"?

The pairing of genetically challenging projects is the fun part in this hobby.

Yes, quality animals are available from myself & a variety of hobby breeders, however, some time to enjoy the moment & consider our options can be appreciated. :grin01:

That's one interesting fella there Rich, it will be good to see how he/she progresses. :)

Lex

OMG that is one cool looking snake. Logically this is what I come up with.....

In a snake lacking skin pigment, the pink coloration comes from the blood showing through....specifically the hemoglobin in the blood...right? SO...a snake that shows up as CLEAR would lead one to believe that it has no hemoglobin in it's blood....which obviously couldn't be possible because the animal wouldn't live. I'd imagine that there is some weird condition where the hemoglobin is "faulty" and isn't red....and probably doesn't do it's job transporting oxygen very well either, resulting in anemic snakes and also explaining the high mortality in "clear" animals.

Perhaps this is like a snake version of "sickle cell anemia"?

OMG that is one cool looking snake. Logically this is what I come up with.....

In a snake lacking skin pigment, the pink coloration comes from the blood showing through....specifically the hemoglobin in the blood...right? SO...a snake that shows up as CLEAR would lead one to believe that it has no hemoglobin in it's blood....which obviously couldn't be possible because the animal wouldn't live. I'd imagine that there is some weird condition where the hemoglobin is "faulty" and isn't red....and probably doesn't do it's job transporting oxygen very well either, resulting in anemic snakes and also explaining the high mortality in "clear" animals.

Perhaps this is like a snake version of "sickle cell anemia"?

Or a new line of VAMPIRE corn snakes..... :sidestep:

Maybe if it won't eat pinkies I'll have to try a bowl of blood instead...... ;)

Or a new line of VAMPIRE corn snakes..... :sidestep:

Maybe if it won't eat pinkies I'll have to try a bowl of blood instead...... ;)

LOL. Nice! I can see it now.. The snake escapes. A week or so later, local news reports livestock which have been completely drained of blood... The culprit? Rich's vampire corn! :devil01:

LOL. Nice! I can see it now.. The snake escapes. A week or so later, local news reports livestock which have been completely drained of blood... The culprit? Rich's vampire corn! :devil01:

And it breeds with the local population, spreading the gene throughout the entire eastern seaboard of the USA, causing widespread panic and an exodus westward of the entire population......... Hmm, sounds like the beginnings of a B-grade movie. Instead of "Snakes On A Place" (or whatever it was), it could be "Snakes In The Grass"......... ;)

**All storyline rights reserved**

lol actually my first thought was the Chupacabra, but that might be because I'm puerto rican. :cool:

btw, rich, I love the little one's eyes! Very pretty!

--Aida

And it breeds with the local population, spreading the gene throughout the entire eastern seaboard of the USA, causing widespread panic and an exodus westward of the entire population......... Hmm, sounds like the beginnings of a B-grade movie. Instead of "Snakes On A Place" (or whatever it was), it could be "Snakes In The Grass"......... ;)

**All storyline rights reserved**

LOL. That's hilarious. You should send a screen play of that off the Hollywood. :)

lol actually my first thought was the Chupacabra, but that might be because I'm puerto rican. :cool:

btw, rich, I love the little one's eyes! Very pretty!

--Aida

Ah yes, the infamous goat sucker! It could be.

I was thinking it also kinda looks like a Goa'uld symbiot from Star Gate. We should call him Ra. LOL

Remember that it hasn't had it's first shed yet. So color right now is not going to be very accurate as to what it really looks like.

Kind of reminds me of the Bloodred that Brent hatched out that was almost totally white/greyish that turned out to gain normal coloration after its first shed. Even so I'm excited to see post shed pictures!

Yeah, I know I shouldn't pay much attention to the babies before they have their first shed, but this guy just seems to stand out like a sore thumb in that clutch.....
blizzard_pale02.jpg

Rich,
Are there any updates of this guy??
I am very curious in the direction of this wee one.

At least it feeds readily..... I'll try to remember to take a closer look at it when it comes around in the feeding rotation again.

I think it's really neat that it's so white from the beginning... But I prefer pinks and yellows snakes myself... So, I'd be happy with any of those pink babies,(and yes, I know they will turn white) not to say I wouldn't take the the white one... After all I went out of the box and just got a lavender, and he's the cutest little guy...:rolleyes:

Back