CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

The Poop Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 05:09 AM   #11
Hexadeci
This thread is actually quite excellent for noobs like me! I'm thinking (hoping) that what I found after feeding my post-regurge hatchling just the head of a pinkie covered in benebac is in fact poop. It is yellow and blobby and along side what actually looks like poop. Congealed urates?

Pink circle: bloody outline of today's half pinkie.
Green circle: poop in paper
Yellow circle: yellow blob things

Name:  DSC04788.JPG
Views: 677
Size:  61.5 KB
Name:  DSC04792.JPG
Views: 678
Size:  59.0 KB

Thanks for making this thread, and forgive me for resurrecting it but I think it is useful and possibly deserves a sticky (o...gross pun not intended).

Old 10-30-2011, 05:12 AM   #12
Hexadeci
And for the records, here is a regurgitated pinky:

It still retained the shape of a pinky, came out at least 3 days after feeding, smelled like sulpheric crap, but not as badly as I had expected so it took a few days to catch. By then it was dried up and stuck to the shredded paper.

Name:  DSC04737.JPG
Views: 670
Size:  139.1 KB
Name:  DSC04740.JPG
Views: 669
Size:  138.8 KB

Old 10-30-2011, 05:14 AM   #13
Hexadeci
As you may suspect, that regurgitated pinky was eaten butt first, which may correlate with the blackening.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #14
Nanci
For future reference, Lucky Charm's poop example above is perfectly normal.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:06 AM   #15
Hexadeci
I've got a batch from my hatchling on regurge watch that I hope is poop, but it is not dissolving in a cup of water. There's about 5 tiny black balls that rather remind me of the organs of things my cat used to eat, if I left them sitting for a couple of days. They seem to be wrapped in transparent colorless gelatinous membranes. The smell is not like the usual poop, a bit more sulpheric. Last meal was a pinky head/shoulders with Benebac 4 days ago. Yesterday I found similar stuff, but I wrote it off as poop and didn't do the water test. Tomorrow is exactly 1 month since the regurgitated meal. Is the water test all that reliable? Could it be a rather digested regurge?

See, all you people who get pooped on, at least you don't have to worry about these things. You know for sure! I've actually never seen my hatchling in the act of pooping or regurging, nor have I done the water test on known poops.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:58 AM   #16
Fatman608
I would like to throw a monkey wrench in this thread because it is feces not poop. Or, is that the other way around.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #17
pridecity
Wow, I was surprised when I saw this thread pop up. It's been a long while. I'm still no poop expert because all my guys poop the same stuff every time. I guess that means their normal.

I am glad that the thread is helping someone though!

Old 11-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #18
Optreptiles
Wow, I can't believe this thread wasn't more popular when it was first created!

Old 11-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #19
thomsora
a fast poop this week

Normally my baby holds on to his nutrients really well, but this week everything was out in a day an a half. I did replace his overhead lamp with a UTH @ (83 F) so i dunno if that made a difference. His poop looks normal in texture, there's just a lot of it compared to what he normally gives me. I'm probably just worrying too much!

Old 03-16-2012, 01:53 AM   #20
JennaJ
OK, I'm wishing I had taken a picture now, but I'll just have to describe it. Sneak just pooped, and the brown fecal part wasn't a big clump, it was like she had passed a bunch of brownish-tannish seeds with the clear stuff. Tiny little pellet-like pieces. Anyone seen this before??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google