CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

The Poop Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #31
JennaJ
My main question is-- is it at all possible that the head I found was regurged but the body was digested? I don't really see how that could happen, but I want to take appropriate action if it were a regurge...

Since her appetite has been fine, I'm thinking I will back her down to to maybe just a large pinky and see what happens. If she's able to digest it just fine I'll know it was the meal size. If she continues to pass things undigested than I'll know it's something more serious and look into a vet visit...

Old 07-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #32
JennaJ
Resurrecting the poop thread again for these... Are these within the range of normal? I did just give her a new thermostat. These are both after the same meal, a 25 gram mouse. Poop #1 is 3 days after eating, Poop #2 is 5 days after.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #33
diamondlil
Both look like normal fresh poop to me, Jenna and I'd bet if they were left to dry out they'd just be chalky urates and fecal matter (and look like dried bird poo)

Old 07-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #34
JennaJ
Thanks Janine. Just adding to the normal poop reference collection, I guess.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:13 PM   #35
Mushakay
HELP! please. Is my first day with this snake
and he did this. I dont know if is poop or an indigested part of mice. Or blood.
I dont know what to think. it was bright red litle ball.

Also I think I might be a bit skinny, because I can see the spine. but he is acting ok. it doesnt look sick or anything, still very social and active. He is also shedding soon

let me know please, any information can help. im worried.
Thanks a lot.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:55 PM   #36
Ravenessa
Im hoping one of the experts re coming on because that is not normal looking to me.. You are right regarding the shed though. So don't feed your snakes until that is done... One of the pro's should peek on the thread soon..

Old 03-05-2015, 07:14 PM   #37
Mushakay
I think it could be the skull of a mice he regurge, it was surrounded by some kind of liquid and a weird smell. Is the size of a fingernail. I contacted the previous owner and he said it never happen before, but he thinks is regurge. I think it was all the stress of moving here and stuff. Im going to let him rest without handleling him till the shed. He suposed to eat this saturday, I dont know if he should eat yet.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:17 PM   #38
Ravenessa
No if he regurded you need to wait two weeks.... if he's thin then it might have happened before and when you feed he should be fed half the size of what he normally eats basically.. There is a link..

Old 03-06-2015, 02:15 AM   #40
smigon
You know what, you might want to start a new thread for your own on this one. That does look really bad, and because that other thread is so old and is basically for answers to the original 10 questions yours might be overlooked. I wish I had a good answer for you but someone more experienced needs to take a look at this one, and I would set up a vet appointment just in case.

Let us know what happens, good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google