CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

wots the worst piece of reptile advice you've ever been given??

Old 01-26-2004, 09:20 AM   #31
Cypher2004
i think its hilerious! i think Fred Ward is a great comedy actor!

plus some of hes lines in it are so funny!

(sorry to go off subject!)

Old 01-26-2004, 05:00 PM   #32
Osiris X
They hunt with vibrations. Smell cant dectect how large a prey is. Thats how they determine weather to go after a huge rate, or a newborn *All snakes, not just corns* same thing applies to any snake.

Old 01-26-2004, 11:10 PM   #33
collard_ghost
Quote:
Originally posted by Rachel
Ahhahah! That was on tv the other night. So crap, yet so funny!
I will not ave you bashing tremors, it's such a good movie!

Old 01-27-2004, 01:33 AM   #34
beardie
good movie but how dumb can people be to think that they decet though the ground what a dumb @ss. and people say the ecocimy is low how about we toss all the people that dont know what there doing out of a job.

Old 07-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #35
JasonGranger
"Expert" in Scamp's pet shop: "You can house an 8-month-old corn with a two-year-old corn, but if they're in the same hiding spot the two-year-old could 'sit' on the 8-month-old, causing it to suffocate."

This could be true, but he didn't mention that the two-year-old could eat the 8-month-old, or that one or both of the snakes could get stressed out and go off feeding, etc.

Old 07-06-2006, 02:51 PM   #36
princess
To go a little OT,

There's a dessert dwelling snake that cruises along under the sand almost undetectably, following the vibrations of small forraging mammals and then strikes up at them.. I can't remember all the details but it was on a documentary I watched years ago.

I haven't been given too much bad advice but I do hate seeing animals housed inappropriately at petshops.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #37
Adui
Actually I've been lucky, the worst advice I've been given was either
A: use Calci-sand for your snake bedding.

or B: You absolutely HAVE to have a heat lamp for your Corn snake cage.

Have to go with A: since the sand can actually cause him harm if ingested.

B: is just good intentioned advice on heating and lighting that happens to be wrong, you dont HAVE to have a lamp, but you DO have to have some kind of controllable heat source that wont cause burns when properly applied.

Old 07-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #38
Baba-Lou
Ha ha oh me next! me next

"that corns hot side should be 95' "
"Their substrate can be this calci-sand stuff. People tell you aspen and that is perfect. their wrong"
"What size is your snake? (i tell them) WHAT!!! Their on baby mice. They SHOULD be on crickets. Way more nutritious for them."
"You can use these small pet pals aquarium (its a small blue aquarium mainly used for bettas) till they get bigger to move them to this 12"x12"x12" terrarium."
"They don't get any bigger then 2 1/2 feet"

Old 07-06-2006, 04:17 PM   #39
skullmaster
this thread amuses me hehe.....
when i got my first snake the kid at superpet told me if i don't get a UV light my snake won't last even a year... plus they had my snow listed as snow motley... i didn't know for a few months that it was not a motley(i was still learning) oh and at that same store anerys are called "black cornsnake"

Old 07-06-2006, 04:43 PM   #40
Baba-Lou
Haha we bought our normal as a balck cornsnake. The same damn store sells snows as butters, anerys as blackcorns, and amels as white albinos.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google