CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Gulf of Mexico oil spill disaster...

Old 05-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #21
wade
Graham thanks for the info. The news media will make this a fiasco weather it is or isn't. The bleeding hearts will make this into a tragedy weather it is or isn't. The politicians will make this all Bush's fault, as they are all ready demonstrating to us.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #22
JoannaD
So who's ready to drive less, buy a more fuel efficient car, use less plastic, heat their homes less.....

This isn't one person's or organizations fault. We are all at fault.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #23
Buzzard
Strangecargo,

Thank you for the insight. Its nice to hear the from the people who do such a thing directly.

The thing is the spill has now occured. What to do about it? I say if the govt would use there brain they could hire the fisherman and resources of the area to help try to contain it. The Capts of the area know the water the best. They use it for their livelyhoods. Hire them to help put out booms, and do clean up and such. The spill will still cause an impact but at least it would lessen the economic impact on those directly involved.

And yes BP should float the bill..... My prayers go out to those who lost there family memebers and friends in this tragic accident...

Old 05-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #24
wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeCargo View Post
WILOMN- I take that statement personally. I work for Halliburton offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. The tradegy on the Deepwater Horizon was an accident.... The rest of the stuff posted is BULL $HIT... problems happen in every aspect of our jobs out here...we do everything in our power to prevent them... Drilling out here in the gulf to supply everyone gas, petroleum products, etc is dangerous. Those guys lost their lives...
Take offense at whatever you like.

You're working for liars, thieves and folks who ONLY care about money.

I have no doubt that a LOT of you guys on the rigs are good people. I have NO doubt that haliburton is a bunch of scum sucking rich guys. This is NOT the first time this has happened, just the biggest.

How many times has this problem occurred on other rigs?

Also, unless you have footage or personal knowledge, you have no clue what those guys were doing when this catastrophe occurred.

Do you REALLY think that millions of gallons of crude sluicing about the bottom of the ocean, hitting the beaches, being ingested by every stage of the food chain, will not be significant as far as damage for years to come?

This isn't about YOU or who you know or what you do, it's about people knowing better, doing worse, and not caring so long as the profit is there.

And seriously, isn't this ALL about money?

Old 05-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #25
wade
Wilomn earning a living and making a profit is not a bad thing. What do you suppose is the motive of the people in Irac and Iran who drill for oil? Of course BP is hoping to make money. That does not make them evil.

Why would you doubt what Graham said about the men trying to prevent the problem. Do you have some first hand knowledge that we don't know about? Or maybe you are just being an alarmist jumping to all the worst conclusions with no facts.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #26
tsst
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
... You're working for liars, thieves and folks who ONLY care about money. ...
StrangeCargo, I didn't know you worked in DC?!?!

Old 05-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #27
mike17l
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
Take offense at whatever you like.

You're working for liars, thieves and folks who ONLY care about money.

I have no doubt that a LOT of you guys on the rigs are good people. I have NO doubt that haliburton is a bunch of scum sucking rich guys. This is NOT the first time this has happened, just the biggest.

How many times has this problem occurred on other rigs?

Also, unless you have footage or personal knowledge, you have no clue what those guys were doing when this catastrophe occurred.

Do you REALLY think that millions of gallons of crude sluicing about the bottom of the ocean, hitting the beaches, being ingested by every stage of the food chain, will not be significant as far as damage for years to come?

This isn't about YOU or who you know or what you do, it's about people knowing better, doing worse, and not caring so long as the profit is there.

And seriously, isn't this ALL about money?
So, wilomn, what are you personally doing to help the current situation? Because apparently, you know exactly what is going on. Also, would you be responding the same way if you had lost friends and/or family members in this accident?

How would you respond if the company you work for (that employs tens of thousands of people, that are good hard working people just trying to pay their bills, just like you) was attacked with out any reason other than spite for making a profit. I must have forgotten, that profit thing, thats bad, right? No person or company should make money, right?

Old 05-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #28
StrangeCargo
It's Ok, wilomn is just like many of the other people out there- believing all the lies and conspiracy theories. I'm actually out here LIVING it. I just walked outside from looking across the gulf and seeing the boats working on the cleanup. I doubt he's ever been on an oil rig... I bet he drives a car and COMPLAINS about the gas prices. Just a hipocrite BUT I am glad he's concerned about teh enviroment. I LOVE the Gulf Of Mexico and the last thing I like to see if enviromental disasters like this. I'm glad BP is stepping up and spending the $$$ to get it fixed (they are even goning to reimburse commercial fishermen).

My job for halliburton that I'm doing on this well is called TFM (Total Fluids Management). I test the drilling fluid and make sure they are in compliance with enviromental discharges... Heck, I even test the water on the deck to see if there's any oil in it..if so, it's routed through a multimillion dollar cleaner system before it goes in the ocean.

We RECYCLE on the oil rigs...special trash compactors for paper, cardboard & plastics. Each lab/office has recycle bins.

If even a SINGLE drop of oil gets in the Gulf I have to do paperwork...they take the enviroment VERY serious out here.

The media will make us look bad BUT in reality, its a dangerous job- accidents happen- but we spend millions yearly doing everything we can to prevent them.

At home I garden organically, compost kitchen wastes, and do everything we can to reduce our carbon footprint.

What happened in teh Gulf is horrible...I hope the cleanup goes quick. MMS (our regulatory people) are already cracking down VERY hard to ensure this doesn't happen again. Alot of new regulations will be coming in place this year... this is VERY serious to the oil industry and the enviroment.

Sorry I babled... many of you might not agree with my line of work...it's ok- I understand... but PLEASE don't believe everything the media tells you BECAUSE we DO care about the enviroment.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #29
wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeCargo View Post
It's Ok, wilomn is just like many of the other people out there- believing all the lies and conspiracy theories. I'm actually out here LIVING it. I just walked outside from looking across the gulf and seeing the boats working on the cleanup. I doubt he's ever been on an oil rig... I bet he drives a car and COMPLAINS about the gas prices. Just a hipocrite BUT I am glad he's concerned about teh enviroment. I LOVE the Gulf Of Mexico and the last thing I like to see if enviromental disasters like this. I'm glad BP is stepping up and spending the $$$ to get it fixed (they are even goning to reimburse commercial fishermen).

My job for halliburton that I'm doing on this well is called TFM (Total Fluids Management). I test the drilling fluid and make sure they are in compliance with enviromental discharges... Heck, I even test the water on the deck to see if there's any oil in it..if so, it's routed through a multimillion dollar cleaner system before it goes in the ocean.

We RECYCLE on the oil rigs...special trash compactors for paper, cardboard & plastics. Each lab/office has recycle bins.

If even a SINGLE drop of oil gets in the Gulf I have to do paperwork...they take the enviroment VERY serious out here.

The media will make us look bad BUT in reality, its a dangerous job- accidents happen- but we spend millions yearly doing everything we can to prevent them.

At home I garden organically, compost kitchen wastes, and do everything we can to reduce our carbon footprint.

What happened in teh Gulf is horrible...I hope the cleanup goes quick. MMS (our regulatory people) are already cracking down VERY hard to ensure this doesn't happen again. Alot of new regulations will be coming in place this year... this is VERY serious to the oil industry and the enviroment.

Sorry I babled... many of you might not agree with my line of work...it's ok- I understand... but PLEASE don't believe everything the media tells you BECAUSE we DO care about the enviroment.
It's not about me. It's not about you. It's not about your line of work.

It's about accidents and cover ups. How many haliburton cover ups are out there that we know of? How many that we don't?

Attack me all you want. Malign me and cast aspersions all you like, but it changes not at all the fact that this is NOT the first time this has happened, though it is the first time many of us who are not locals are hearing of it, it's that it may well have happened when it didn't have to.

What happened to all the promises and plans and backup plans that would insure that if anything like this ever did happen it wouldn't be this bad?

So tell me Mr. Water Tester, how many times has this happened with your company?

Old 05-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #30
wade
Wilomn, I have never engaged you before. This is interesting to see you in action. You're an arrogant ignorant know it all aren't you. Conspiracy and cover ups, rich getting richer, everybody is getting more than their share.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google