• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Aquarium Gravel as bedding

Pyro

I was wondering, would aquarium gravel be a sutible bedding for a conrsnake? if not, why?? I realize that when you first purchase it it is kind of dusty, be that could be taken care of by rinsing it, right?

Thanks
-Pyro

I don't think that the corns would "like" it, as they are generally forest dwellers. The forest floor tends to be moister and more soft than gravel. And if your cornsare burrowers like mine are, gravel will be rough on their noses if they attempt to dig.

I have seen dealers at shows have their animals on black fish gravel to better show of the colors of the animals. It may work, just be careful during feeding time, you may want to serve their food on a plate.

i would imagine that it would be awful to clean without throwing away soiled bits of the substrate away each week
plus you need to feed in a separate container to eliminate possibility of impaction of the gut by swallowing substrate
and as said earlier your corns might not like it very much
having said that, i would imaging my snow corn would look just damned amazing on black or dark blue substrate.

your choice dude,although personally i would say no

Back