• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help with a Sony cyber-shot 6 mega pixel

waldo

Crazy Tarantula Lady
I really need help getting the settings correct on my camera. The pictures always look dark and too yellow or washed out and too blue.

EV setting, what is this and what shoud it be at?

metering mode- spot or normal?

ISO-it can be set from 80-400, its at 400 right now.

Thanks for any help:)

I don't know if this is too late for you, but check the manual for the EV setting, as one without the manual might have no clue what that refers to. As for the ISO, typically you want a larger ISO (400) when there is less light as an ISO 400 means the camera is more sensitive to whatever little light is there. As for the too blue or too orange look, there should be settings on the camera that have symbols for the different types of light: flourescent, non-flourecent, halogen, daylight, cloudy day, etc. If the light in the room is bright white light, then it is either halogen or floruecent. if it has an orange tinge, it is a regular light bulb (usualyl represented witha lightbulb symbol). Look for a lightbulb symbol to fix that setting, but refer to the manual for the exact locations of these menu settings. Hope this helps. Oh, and remove the flash if you don't want your pictures to be washed out and gross looking.

the sony cybershot is a GREAT camera! (i know, i've had 2). and the manual really helps out a lot. also, just diddling around and taking a picture of the same thing with every different setting helps a lot too. it kind of shows you what each setting will do to what you would like to photograph.

Back