• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

first snake

flybear

I just adopted my very first snake ... a beautiful Butter Motley ( ?? ) cornsnake named Snickerdoodle. I am very surprised how much personality a little baby snake can have. This baby has taken two f/t meals and spends about 24 hours digesting but the rest of the days he has been exploring and - seemingly watching what I am doing ... I expected a baby to hide a lot and be a little more defensive and dart-y but Snickerdoodle is easy to handle and calm - and very patient with me. I keep handling short and let him rest about two days after meals. He has been a perfect little dude so far. he seems to prefer the cool side of his enclosure and loves to tunnel and watch the world with his head sticking out of the substrate in the evenings . I was concerned about a glass tank ( front opening - about 25 gal or so ) and prepared to cover the sides to make him feel more secure and add even more ground cover but- he uses every inch of his home and seems quite relaxed slithering around. He now seems to peek out of wherever he is hiding when I enter the room in the afternoons. He is only 11g ...

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    248.9 KB · Views: 17
What a gorgeous baby! Sounds like he is doing well so far. Congratulations on your new little one.

Back