CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

taking a bath

Old 08-04-2002, 02:52 PM   #1
Filovirus
Question taking a bath

a friend of mine used to take her snakes and bathe them in the sink.. in tepid water.. give them a bit of a swim...they were pythons... do corns like doing this.. is it beneficial..?? will it hurt the snake..

only had mine for a couple of months...

bob

Old 08-04-2002, 03:00 PM   #2
reaper
yeah my corns love having a bath i think its good for them to i try and bath them atleast once aweek. so give it a go they will be a bit scared at 1st but they will be fine

Old 08-04-2002, 04:05 PM   #3
kenalotia
Some corns like baths a lot, others hate 'em. If yours like baths, good, you can give them as many baths as you want. If they don't like baths, they aren't necessary. If your snake has difficulty shedding or it tends to come off in several pieces, I would recommend giving your snake a few baths while it's in shed. If it truly hates the baths, though, you can mist or find other ways to increase the humidity in the tank without baths.

Old 08-04-2002, 06:07 PM   #4
Neil
Yeah, some corns do like regular baths but I wouldn't really advise you to do it in the sink as the warm water very often makes the snake, um, pass waste all over the place. I remember once, the first time I bathed my first corn, I did it in an old ice-cream tub and as soon as I took her out, she did her business all over the floor- very nasty. Either do it when the snake's bowels are completely empty or leave it in long enough for it to do its stuff.
Personally, only one of my snakes enjoys baths so I don't bother with them unless one is experiencing a difficult shed.
Neil

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google