CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Likes to hide

Old 10-23-2002, 10:21 PM   #1
homebrewed
Likes to hide

I've had my little one for 3 weeks now, and he/she likes to hide the majority of the time. shes taken 3 meals with no problems at all, and handeling is really good with her. Anything wrong, or am i just paranoid?

Old 10-23-2002, 10:53 PM   #2
bmm
paranoid

Corns naturally enjoy hiding the majority of the time, Especially young ones!

My older ones enjoy laying out in the middle of their cage in open view sometimes....but these are adult corns that are used to me and surroundings now. It takes a few months for a small snake to feel more confident and not slither away into hiding all the time.

I am sure your corn is out when you are asleep. They know when you are watching. Give her a few months and you'll see her out more and more. But even then. snakes generally prefer hiding most of their time.

bmm

Old 10-24-2002, 06:20 AM   #3
whiffin
I'd agree with Bmm.

Suzy is 4 months old now (I've had him for about 2 months) - he always used to hide under his bark or burrow, no suddenly he seems to prefer sitting on top of his bark, on his branch or just on his substrate.

I'm sure yours will do the same soon

Old 10-24-2002, 07:34 PM   #4
homebrewed
Good stuff. I hate how she hides under her aspen chips, can't wait till she gets alittle more comfortable.

thanks guys

Old 10-28-2002, 02:15 AM   #5
CornPony
I've had my corn now for about 3 weeks too! (Got him at the big reptile show in Chicago area on Oct 5)

The first week he burrowed deep in the aspen and was very hard to find.

The second week he stopped burrowing and simply stayed in his hides most of the time.

Now, he will peek out of his hides and even venture out sometimes even when I'm watching!

The other day he seemed to not want to return to his cage. Each time I'd put him back in he would return to my hand and crawl back out.

I am definitely seeing him grow tamer and more comfortable. It is very cool!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google