CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Oh, Craigslist...

Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #51
Alicia P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floof View Post
Not at all. Hard to tell what actually is--maybe some kind of plated lizard... Or a broad-headed skink...
I was thinking it looked sort of skink'ish. Poor thing!! I need to stay off of craigslist, or win the dang lottery.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #52
Floof
Lol, I know what you mean! I need to stay off craigslist, as well. In the last couple months, I have rescued three young tortoises and a hatchling bearded dragon from CL people. (The beardie and one tortoise passed away, unfortunately--I really do mean "rescue"! The other two don't look very good, but they're hanging in there..)

Not to mention the sheer temptation sometimes! I've been wanting to try my hand at breeding certain skinks... And then Craigslist had to go and gift me with a (allegedly) proven pair of Fire skinks and a pair of Schneider's skinks. LOL. I'm having to re-learn how to say NO!

Old 05-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #53
BlackBear123
Meanwhile in Baltimore

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/pet/3822371643.html

Can anyone ID this guy?

Old 05-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #54
BlackBear123
In the likelihood that the ad gets deleted:

baby snake

cute baby snake water snake not sure which kind. healthy just a 20 rehoming fee thanks
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3822371643 Posted: 2013-05-22, 4:12PM EDT email to a friend

Old 05-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #55
Chromatic Corns
Not sure what it is but I'm pretty sure it is illegal to catch and then sell snakes in Maryland.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #56
BlackBear123
I wouldn't be surprised. I hope someone can ID this little guy. Curiosity is killing me.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #57
BlackBear123
Can anyone Id this little guy? I'm really hoping he's an actual water snake and not some poor ground animal that's now struggling in a jar. I've emailed the guy just because I want to get this poor animal out of this jerks hands.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #58
MotleyMedusa7
here's a field guide for Maryland-looks like it may be a northern water snake,hard to see from the pic
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/...erSquamata.asp

even being a water snake,it's not supposed to be constantly in the water,what a jerk!

here's a link to the law about selling wild caught snakes in Maryland,he'd be required to have a permit to sell it:
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/...es/captive.asp

Old 05-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #59
BlackBear123
Thanks for the info! Still haven't heard back. Worried about that poor animal. How do I even go about reporting it? Or do I not even try and just get the little snake and set him back where he belongs?

Old 05-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #60
CMRetics
Do I win yet?

Man, craigslist has been fun so far this year, I've actually managed to stay off it except for selling off excess feeder rabbits/ones I find too cute to feed to things... Here's the latest ad:

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pet/3820497422.html

Lovely, lets feed a retic a live prey item out of it's enclosure, a prey item that is frankly much too large for the snake.... People like this are what jeopardizes ME and my ability to keep large constrictors...

In other news, new people move into town, start hoarding snakes that they aren't feeding, giving anywhere near decent enclosures, or enough water and start trying to sell above market value on craigslist, the pictures I got of the bps and the conda they had showed a pretty starved/dehydrated animal. Thankfully, they lived on base which has a limit of animals/restrictions on exotics. Few minutes of internet searching to track down their address and a couple phone calls to base authorities took care of that in a hurry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google