• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

OK, what is my snake?

Pine

My corn Berry I was told is a Strawberry Albino.
I showed a picture of him to a Herpetologist that I know and he said he was a nice Reverse Okeetee.???
OK, now I'm curious, I'm looking all over the internet and I see, Strawberry corns, Strawberry Albino corns, Reverse Okeetee, Albino Okeetee, etc.
:eek1::uhoh:
I cant tell the difference. :shrugs:
I also have heard that some are the same but different breeder's call them different names.
It really doesn't matter, his name is Berry because he looks like he has strawberries down his back.
So are there any of you that I'm sure know way more than I do about these things that could shed some light in this quandary?
BERRY.jpg(106.8 KB)

Attachments

• BERRY.jpg
    BERRY.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 75
His baseline genetics are that he's amelanistic. Being certain if he's also strawberry or not would require knowing the genetics of his parents or test breeding. Regarding if he qualifies for an RO.... ish? I'd really prefer to see thicker saddle edges than that but some people would consider him one.

I'm going to try breeding him with my Butter female.
I'm actually hoping to get something with the red but elongated saddles like the Butter. She is het for ghost and albino so wee shall see. :shrugs:

Your butter isn't het for 'albino' because she's already one. A butter het for anery, hypo paired to an amel will give you all amels het for caramel, possible het for hypo, anery.

This is the Butter female that I'm planning on breeding with the Strawberry.
20190904_130716~01.jpg

Attachments

• 20190904_130716~01.jpg
    20190904_130716~01.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 72
I agree. He might barely qualify for reverse okeetee, but he is certainly a nice looking amel at the very least.

Amelanistic (Amel) and albino are the same thing, btw. It means lacking the black pigment. So, he is definitely Amel/albino. To be considered reverse okatee you want to see wide white bands rather than thin white bands. That is more of a selectively bred thing than one specific gene they either have or don’t.

Back