CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Meet Lord Montague Slitherington aka Monty

Old 09-19-2019, 01:11 PM   #1
Tony Van
Meet Lord Montague Slitherington aka Monty

Hiya guys, just thought I'd introduce myself and my 10 year old adventurous cornie,his name is Monty (original I know) he loves the great outdoors,we have a big garden with lots of bushes and trees for him to climb,I take him out with me when I go for a walk,most of the good folk in my area know him,he seems to like meeting people,he's a very friendly snake and doesn't seem to be phased by anything,here's a few pics of him in action

Old 09-20-2019, 12:50 AM   #2
SnakeCreations
Wow! He's a pretty boy

Congrats!

-Tonya

Old 09-20-2019, 04:38 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
I love his coloration. It sure is interesting to see how well a legless creature can climb, isn't it?

Old 09-21-2019, 05:30 AM   #4
Tony Van
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
I love his coloration. It sure is interesting to see how well a legless creature can climb, isn't it?
That's his favourite tree,the one he makes a beeline for,he climbed right up it last week and it was 2 hours before he came back down,normally I would go after him but I've got my arm in a splint at the moment and can't climb,I was not amused

Old 09-23-2019, 11:20 AM   #5
Sindrik8x
His yellows are very interesting. Haven't seen one in a while with coloration on the face, but not so evident on the rest of the body. Pretty cool stuff. Can't wait til' my little worm is old enough for these outdoor pics.

Old 09-23-2019, 03:16 PM   #6
Tony Van
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindrik8x View Post
His yellows are very interesting. Haven't seen one in a while with coloration on the face, but not so evident on the rest of the body. Pretty cool stuff. Can't wait til' my little worm is old enough for these outdoor pics.
He has a yellow/white chequered belly

Old 09-23-2019, 03:20 PM   #7
Tony Van
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindrik8x View Post
He has a yellow/white chequered belly,I love his silvery bronze colour,it looks even better in the sunshine,he's a good looking boy,if I say so myself

Old 09-25-2019, 02:41 PM   #8
Tony Van

Here he is having a slither in the grass

Old 10-12-2019, 10:36 AM   #9
JustinOfCO
Wonderful snake! Fantastic coloration. Welcome to the boards.

Old 06-26-2023, 03:51 PM   #10
liz08
Monty is beautiful. That's wonderful that you can let him climb.
I take Congo out to the yard. But I live in the Northwest; my trees are so bushy and 20 to 80 feet high. I am worried that he would stay up there and I couldn't get him back.
Would a snake always come back down on his own?
I have heard of firemen rescuing kittens up in trees. Don't know if they would go up after a snake?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google