CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

how to tell when a corn is gravid

Old 12-01-2009, 05:34 AM   #11
rolandslf
I think 3 weeks is a bit soon to be showing really positive visible signs of being Gravid.

However, in the last 2 pics you can definitely see signs of the belly being uneven and bumpy as well as slightly swollen.

Did you only have them together for that one time only?

Ciao

Old 12-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #12
SquamishSerpents
yup, just the one time overnight.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #13
Sacred_Nightmares
o_o what an interesting thread to keep up with. I have no breeding experience what-so-ever, so I can't say much. hehe. But I agree, there are definitely bumps visible. As far as them being developed eggs by three weeks, anyones guess could be better than mine. ^^;;

Good luck finding out though! I'll be checking back here later to see if anyone else has anything to say.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #14
SquamishSerpents
Milly was not gravid! i forgot to update :P

i suspect she was ovulating. i still haven't witnessed any locks with her, but i have paired her with my male snow, who is VERY eager to get going, and she is having NONE of it. she's whipping her tail around, wagging her tail, jerking like crazy, but as far as actual hookups, none. i don't see any "evidence" in the tub, either. so i don't know why she isn't being receptive to his advances.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #15
CornSnakeBreeder
From those two last pictures, to me she looks like she is definetly carrying eggs. I bred my two female corns last year and that exactly how they looked when they were gravid and about to lay. Good luck!

Old 02-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #16
SquamishSerpents
lol, CornSnakeBreeder, you missed my last updated post about how she WASN'T gravid! weird, hey! i'm assuming it was an ovulation, because 2 or so weeks after this thread was started, she stopped feeling lumpy! and now, 3 months later, she feels lumpy again, even though she hasn't locked up with a male this year!

Old 02-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #17
CornSnakeBreeder
Ohh, that is wierd?? Oh well, good luck with trying to breed her.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #18
SquamishSerpents
oh, you're a fellow canadian! excellent

and yes very weird but, snakes amaze me!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google