CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Obama to Fire National Guard Chief During Inauguration

Old 01-13-2017, 08:17 PM   #1
Rich Z
Obama to Fire National Guard Chief During Inauguration

I guess you do have to wonder what Obama's part in all this really is, and his intentions.....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/re...rticle/2611792

https://peoplestrusttoronto.wordpres...-inauguration/

http://pamelageller.com/2017/01/pres...al-guard.html/

Old 01-14-2017, 04:00 PM   #2
Rich Z
I've been trying to look into this, and I'm still not sure what this really means. Apparently it is SOP for an incoming president to replace all staff and positions appointed by the outgoing president. Not sure if those people turn in their resignations under the outgoing, and the incoming accepts or rejects them, or what.

Apparently there are news organs that are claiming Obama is up to something by firing the national guard general, and others claiming that Trump is up to something by firing him. :shrug01:

Not that it should matter much, I guess. It's not like the troops on the ground would just stand around with their fingers up their nose if some crap comes down and they don't have brass at the top to issue orders.

I'm betting it will be an absolute zoo in Washington D.C. then. Maybe even a zoo where all of the cage doors have been opened up. Probably would be a good place to stay away from, and try to watch a live stream online.

But I guess no matter what the next four years brings, it certainly won't be worse than what we would have gotten with Hillary and Bill back in the White House. I'm actually thinking that from all indications so far, there is a better than even chance that things will get a LOT better. I don't think anyone can say that the way this country HAS been going was looking very bright for us.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:09 AM   #3
Nanci
I was listening to him (the chief) on the radio. It was kind of sad- he says he gets to send out his men for the biggest event, but doesn't get to welcome them back home when it's over.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #4
Rich Z
Just seems kind of odd to me that someone highly involved in security at the inauguration, with all the threats of riots flying around, would be relieved of his duties. I think I'm going to try to find a decent live feed of the event to watch. Should be interesting, I think.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google