CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Duel sired clutch ?

Old 04-04-2017, 11:23 AM   #11
ECWcorn
Very cool. Like I mentioned I've herd of it in ball pythons. The corn snake manual, the Loves , alludes to it in theory but as of the writing it hadn't been recorded. As for my pairings I won't know for a few years. Anyways thanks for your input and have a good one.
Eric

Old 04-04-2017, 12:52 PM   #12
Highball
Sure thing. Good luck with your season.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:40 PM   #13
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highball View Post
I have had a dual sired clutch with one of my corn females. Very different offspring from each father ex hypo diffuseds from one dad and anery tesseras from another dad.
Good to know it does at least sometimes work this way. I had one person claim they would all be from one parent or another, and even though that sounded wrong, it's enough to make me wonder.

My dual-sired clutch should be laid any day now. I caught my female shedding last night. She was NOT happy about me peeking in on her lol. I've never seen her act so defensively.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #14
ECWcorn
Awesome be sure to let us know the out come when they hatch.
Eric

Old 04-05-2017, 02:07 PM   #15
Highball
I am sure that it's possible you can get locks with two males and only offspring from one male. That's probably more likely actually especially if one male locks closer to the time of ovulation (if they are spontaneous ovulators).

I've heard of two daddy clutches happening in other colubrids as well.

Let us know what you get!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google