CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

adult male corn shed again after a month?

Old 04-04-2017, 09:12 AM   #1
canicemok
adult male corn shed again after a month?

My male corn has his new year shed on 2nd march. Now, he is in blue again. He has only eaten twice between two shed. So what cause him shed again? will this indicate his breeding season has over? I still have a female waiting for him!

Old 04-05-2017, 05:55 AM   #2
Nanci
Almost every male snake I have put with a female when the male is blue, has been interested and bred successfully. Usually snakes shed sooner if there has been a period of rapid growth, or some sort of damage to the skin.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:00 PM   #3
canicemok
Thank you my male just mated in blue!

Old 04-07-2017, 04:17 AM   #4
canicemok
Just one more question. If my cage for the female is kind of small, can I directly use the sphagnum moss as substrate to let the female lay eggs? If I put a lay box in it, it would be very crowded inside. Thank you.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #5
Dragonling
I think it's certainly an indication it's time to upgrade your cage size. You could probably use moss, though I think I would only keep part of it damp to allow your snake a chance to avoid the excess moisture if she so desires. Coconut husk with dampened moss on one side might also be a good option.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google