CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Tessera Club!! Post Yours Too!!

Old 08-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #361
airenlow
Meh...I still prefer Ts with a perfect stripe.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #362
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
Me too, as it's their USP to have the wide stripes and the borders, they just don't look right without them.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #363
Tara80
Quote:
I also concur. To me, the tessera is represented by that stripe; the more perfect the stripe the better the tessera.
We don't "show" our snakes like we do other animals but (just like my son showing his poultry this week at the country fair) there are "requirements" of certain morphs/breeds/etc and if I could put a value or "requirement" on tesseras then it would be based on the quality of the stripe; if that makes any sense. (my personal feelings, obviously)

Old 08-22-2012, 03:42 AM   #364
multicorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by manda88 View Post
Two new additions as of yesterday will get better pics once they've settled in!

Female extreme okeetee tessera

Male tessera het anery motley
Quote:
Originally Posted by manda88 View Post
Fail...this is the het anery motley!!

Amazing Amanda..... Cant wait to see them growing theyll change soooo much

one of mine shed last night!!!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 04:23 AM   #365
manda88
I'm doing a progession thread for the okeetee over on Ian's Viv, she's gonna be awesome Walter's colours are gonna be amazing too, the fact he's so orange already, loooove them!

Old 08-22-2012, 04:55 AM   #366
SnakeAround
My lovely keeper girl Khaleesi!

This was my keeper first because she is purrfect but than the thicker borders and the orange on the girl above convinced me to switch:

Old 08-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #367
slangenbroed
Buf x Tessera

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...56#post1487556
Maybe somthing for the tessera club

Greetings

Jan

Old 08-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #368
slangenbroed
sorry this is easyer

Interesting i think

Old 08-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #369
ecreipeoj
Tessera het Sunkisssed Okeetee 50% ph SG

Quote:
I can’t say that I don’t love the perfect striped ones too. I have a few myself and I will be breeding them to Okeetees to make sure their striping stays perfect. I think even the Okeetee colors can be produced in Reverse Aztec, like this beautiful girl. Perhaps just like good Stripes can be made better by breeding them to Okeetee lines, Tesseras can be bred true to the original type by breeding them to Okeetee lines. You could say that the original 2.1 Tesseras were Okeetee Tesseras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara80 View Post
I also concur. To me, the tessera is represented by that stripe; the more perfect the stripe the better the tessera.
We don't "show" our snakes like we do other animals but (just like my son showing his poultry this week at the country fair) there are "requirements" of certain morphs/breeds/etc and if I could put a value or "requirement" on tesseras then it would be based on the quality of the stripe; if that makes any sense. (my personal feelings, obviously)
I disagree with this completely. Just because the first Tessera phenotype was described with perfect patterns, doesn’t mean it was it was an accurate description of the gene. They described what they had, Okeetee Tesseras.

My Tessera was produced in F1 from an Okeetee Tess x Silverqueen. These CRAZY patterned Reverse Aztec Okeetee are being produced in F2. Tesseras genetically are by far the most interesting cutting edge morph we have right now. Since the gene is dominant, it doubles what we see each generation. You could say that I am in the equivalent of recessive F4 generations already with Tesseras, in only two years.

I think Tessera is a wonderful genetic window into the genes we already have in our Corns. It doubles the focus on some genes that we just couldn’t quite figure out before. Do you really think Motley patterns are so different just because they “vary”. We have a Motley pattern similar to the original Tessera pattern, and we have a lot of other very cool Motley patterns. It is pretty obvious Tessera is going to be the same way, except the patterns are even CRAZIER and perfect.

The breeding that produced this girl was Tessera het Ghost x Kathy Love Sunkissed het SG. Yes, I am even testing my Tessera for SG. Especially since he is from a Silverqueen and Sunkissed Silverqueens exist. I have too much invested in my Tessera to let SG slip in this way.

This test clutch produced 19 hatchlings with NO SG present. I am going to adopt this Tessera het Sunkissed ph SG and breed her to a homo SG when she is grown to prove her out. All offspring from SG test are culled, with the few exceptions that are raised up to be tested out.

You may like perfect striped Tesseras as I do, but I happen to love these Reverse Aztez Tesseras too. This one looks like it is going to have Okeetee coloration with an extremely cool Aztec Pattern. I have always really liked aztec patterns on Corns, but none were ever quite good enough. These are good enough!

Old 08-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #370
ecreipeoj
Buf RA Tessera het Caramel ph Lava

Quote:
Originally Posted by slangenbroed View Post
Interesting i think
This Tessera in the comparison photos with an Anery RA Tess could be a Buf Tessera. He is definately het for Dominant Yellow (AKA "Yellow Disease") which could be the same as Buf.

By the way, Yellow Disease was a joke. It is only a disease if you are trying to produce RED Corns. It is GREAT for producing yellow Corns or buff colored Normal Tess.

Yes, I love perfect stripes too, like the Striped Hypo Cinder and Striped Ice in this comparison photo, but I also like these "3D" Pattern Tesseras like this 3D Tessera het Diffused. Their patterns flow all over the place.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google