CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Be aware! I've lost 6 of my babies!

Old 05-27-2017, 09:23 AM   #11
DLena
Thank you everyone. I'm tossing all the plants and vines, cardboard tubes and stick gyms. All else is being seriously scrubbed, including curtains and walls. I've tossed the blinds, too. I'm grateful for the 3-day weekend.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:26 AM   #12
DLena
And everyone's caring here really means a lot. Not that many people around me get that each and every one of these snakes was a personality and unique being. You don't just go out there and "get another one."

Old 05-27-2017, 12:33 PM   #13
DollysMom
Yes, we do understand. Truth be told I flashed back to losing Dolly when I heard this news. I still miss him. I still feel responsible. They are not replaceable though we learn to love anew.

We have a little family here and we kind of get to know other people's snakes. I too am glad that you still have Gypsy. I'm sure she will do her best to comfort you. They know. They are not as stupid as people think they are even though the occasional finger gets confused for a dead mouse.

I'm glad you are keeping busy working to protect your snabies that survived. I hope this isn't stupid to admit or TMI, but I cried for your little ones. They are precious little souls. They are no less than a cat, dog, or any loved one. They never judge you or treat you badly, either. They are just our snake babies and buddies.

This is no small loss. Be good to yourself and allow yourself to grieve. 10 years ago my older son died at age 29 so I'm no stranger to grief. I normally wouldn't mention that, but I want you to know why I'm saying what I'm saying. I consider this loss of six beloved pets right up there as far as grief and loss goes. I might not dare write what I just did otherwise, but I figure I have the experience. I'm sending out all my love and support to you.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:51 PM   #14
DLena
Thank you more than you'll ever know Gail.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:03 PM   #15
Karl_Mcknight
A few months ago, a zoo in Knoxville (200 miles from me) lost 31 snakes in one night in one of their exhibits. To this day they still have not stated what happened and I'm not sure if they even know, but the minute I heard about it I suggested to my friends "I'll bet it was some kind of Chemical or Poison." They probably had something very simple and seemingly innocent like pest control or whatever, just like your case.

Sorry to hear about your little ones.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:34 PM   #16
DLena
Thank you, Karl. I heard about the 31 snakes. I've wondered if it was smaller snakes that died. That's what happened to me, and I have a few others that I'm worried about. But then again, the big ones were furthest from the windows.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:37 PM   #17
Karl_Mcknight
I know some of them were rare and not native to the area. I don't believe they were all small, but I don't know that for a fact.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:48 PM   #18
Zombiegirl
I am devastated for you DLena, this is so sad. I am so sorry for the loss of your mother and your babies. This is such a great community we have here and know that we are all here for you <3

Old 05-27-2017, 08:36 PM   #19
DLena
Thank you Zombiegirl. I appreciate everyone here.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:06 AM   #20
Nanci
I just read this. I am so sorry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google