CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

View Poll Results: How does your corn feed?
Prey is dangled in air, snake strikes and constricts 6 18.18%
Prey is dangled in air, snake strikes but no constriction 5 15.15%
Prey is set down, snake strikes and constricts. 2 6.06%
Prey is set down, snake strikes but doesn't constrict. 5 15.15%
Snake just eats it, no striking or constricting. 13 39.39%
Other 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Eating Habits!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #11
beaniebopps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double het
I miss the option ignore the food and go for your fingers.

Otherwise pretty much all of the above at one point or the other.
Haha yeah well i DID put in an 'other' option. Also meant to have it so you can check more than one box, as alot of poeple will have more than one snake who does somethging different from the others... sorry!

Old 10-21-2007, 02:10 AM   #12
ALGeckos
My normal okeetee will immediately strike the thawed and heated mouse, but doesn't constrict.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:56 AM   #13
Susan
If you had given this choice, I would have selected it...

All of the above.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #14
Snake Dave
I selected 'Snake just eats it. No striking or constricting'. For my Corn, I just set the fuzzy down in his tank, and within 10 minutes it's gone.

For my Royal Python, I dangle the rat with a pair of tongs, she'll come up to it, set herself, then strike and constrict. She even decided to drag it into the water last night to eat it. It was quite funny, she always stands up to finish it, she looked like the Loch Ness Monster.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:37 AM   #15
Lennycorn
It's funny, my snakes have done all that your state in your poll. Their "eatting habits" has change since they were hatchling. Starting with no constricting to striking with constricting. I think this might be the case with some snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google