• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my cornsnake has got out

#NESTA#

hi all my baby cornsnake NESTA has got out of its viv, where do i start looking?

ive left 2 pinkies out since, 1 has gone and the other is still there, im putting out a fresh 1 today.

where have your missing snakes been found??

thanks NESTA

The bathroom. I know it sounds weird, but it's true. Snakes are very commonly found in the bathroom. They're looking for water.

Found my kingsnake after a couple of months on the prowl...he was in the laundry room. None of the traps worked for me, and flour made no difference for tracking him. But my dogs found him and started barking. If you have other pets, pay attention to what they are doing. Is you cat watching under your fridge? Is you dog barking for no reason, go and look!

If you have other pets, pay attention to what they are doing.

This is good advice if you have cats and/or dogs. I had a snake get out twice (the same one!), and both times, our dog "found" it. One of our dogs likes to sleep under our beds, and I couldn't figure out why she would not go to one of her favorite spots. She kept avoiding our guest room, and I finally looked under the bed and found my 5-foot Texas leucistic under there. (I'm sure that image will conjure up all kinds of warm, fuzzy feelings in prospective guests!)

Also, as others have mentioned, the cut soda bottle can work, as well as putting flour around the perimeter of a room, and checking for track marks. I've never used tape on the floor: some recommend it, but I've seen snakes severely injured by it. You can also sit in the dark with a flashlight, since most snakes are more active at night.

And last, sometimes they just show up when you stop looking for them!

Good luck, and please keep us posted!

Kathy

Found my kingsnake after a couple of months on the prowl...he was in the laundry room. None of the traps worked for me, and flour made no difference for tracking him. But my dogs found him and started barking. If you have other pets, pay attention to what they are doing. Is you cat watching under your fridge? Is you dog barking for no reason, go and look!

I second that from my own personal experience.

ok i still havent found him yet, and i tried the bottle trap. but i have to empty my house in the next 2 days to get new carpets down. so maybe hell show up then.

ill keep your all posted

I agree with all who mentioned watching your dogs/cats.
I didn't even realize one of my babies got out until I found my cat in the bathroom very intently looking at something on the floor.

There right by the toilet was Brogan, he got out because one of my daughters hadn't closed the top of his viv properly after handling.

Good luck on finding your baby.

Back