• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

$109 for a normal corn o.O

I got my amel on sale for $20 at a Petsmart because he was "aggressive". A more accurate assessment would have been "pissed off from being in a 2 gallon vivarium". Once I got him into a 20 gallon long, he's never even threatened to bite. Just need to keep your eyes out for good deals and sometimes it'll pay off.

my local pet store has a butter corn for $260 dollars! it's been in there for almost a whole year...i wonder why?

i used to work at that store too, i even offered to do all the "reptile shopping" for the owner so that she could start charging fair prices and maybe actually move some of the animals, but she said "no no no no it's easier this way, the wholesaler just ships it right to me!"

yeah...easier...but i bet she's paying at LEAST double what the wholesaler paid, and then she doubles the price AGAIN, and then when it stays in the store too long...she RAISES the price! yep, sick and twisted logic i tell ya

Now there is someone who doesn't understand the concept of a sunk cost. Methinks she'll have that snake for a long time, and by her reconning, should sell for about $2000 when it's 10 years old. :nope:

I see school has let out for the summer.. *LOL*

Heck, depending on the known hets I would pay up to a $200 for the right normals.. There can be two sides to the over priced normals...

Regards... Tim of T and J

I see school has let out for the summer.. *LOL*

Heck, depending on the known hets I would pay up to a $200 for the right normals.. There can be two sides to the over priced normals...

Regards... Tim of T and J
It's only worth what you're willing to pay for it. Not everyone breeds, for one thing, and petstore snakes are usually shipped wholesale, so there's no way of knowing what they're packing in their genes. Could be just amel/anery, could be the next huge morph. But for $109, would you really want a "grab bag"? I mean, I guess if you have the money lying around and need a place to burn it... but if that's your situation, Tim, why not send some to me :p

Wow... I got my normal for 30 bucks at Pet Supermarket, and she was 4 months old at the time and larger than most corns stores get in. However, the store now charges 64.99 per snake, but that has only consisted of an amel and a snow pip, and 2 much larger corns, a docile normal and my okeetee. One of the employees said that the larger corns are nearly fully grown, and I think that they're close but not that close. At least a year and a half on them.

It's only worth what you're willing to pay for it.

Your 100% right.. So this is not really a debate, its more of personal opinion.. *lol*

But for $109, would you really want a "grab bag"? I mean, I guess if you have the money lying around and need a place to burn it...

Its only worth what the person is going to pay for it, grab bag or not.. $109 or $1009.. Whats it worth to the person that is intrested, obviously your not intrested in paying $109 for a "normal" corn, in your opinion, it would be silly..

I know where your coming from, I get it, and I got it.. If I could get $109 for my "normals" I would be estatic...

I paid 125 w/o shipping this Spring for an 07 female Normal het Amel Anery Lav Mot...
'09's in my town went for $49-89. last year depending on morph. All i've seen are normal, amels, hypos, and once in a while, a snow and once, a lav

Maby its potty trained :shrugs:

It would be pretty nice to have a snake that would use the toilet :p

Haha, I know. My snake poops right after I change the substrate, and it gets me so mad! That would be a nice quality in a snake.

My Amel always poo's in his water dish... does that make him potty trained :shrugs: ;) LOL! I should charge a premium for him :smash:

Y'all won't believe this, but I do have a snake that is potty trained. On top
of that, it's a Wild Caught snake and has never been knowingly trained by me
to do that! . . . .I caught this snake in a warehouse here where I work about
three years ago. Took it home and got it set up in a modified 29 gallon
Aquarium. Took me two weeks to get to where she would let me pick her up
from the cage without biting me, but once I got her used to the idea, she
has settled down and is fine with being held now. . . . . Didn't really pay
any attention to this at first, but when I got her set up, I knew there would
be some occasional cleaning to do in cage, but every few days, when I'd
check, I could find nothing. . . But everytime I took her out of the Viv to
feed her, or took her outside for some excercise, she'd "Go". Either in the
feeding box, or outside. Over time it became apparent to me she just simply
didn't poop in the viv. I can wait 2 or 3 days, or go for an entire weeks and
she will not go in the cage, but as soon as she's out of the viv, she takes the
opportunity to relieve herself. Never once in the 3 years I've had her, has she
used the bathroom in her cage. . . . NOW, the two captive breds I have, I
am constantly scooping their cages. Someone said earlier that their snake
always goes when they change the Substrait . . . . . I can relate to that.
My two year old Anery does that to me. As soon as I clean out the cage and
change the Aspen. . . she unloads. I really think she does it on purpose, and
then crawls to her hide and laughs at me while I'm scooping and cussing.

But the Wild caught . . .I've told people at the reptile shows who have kept
and breeded snakes for years, and none of them believe me. They tell me
it's impossible to potty train a snake. . . .I reply "It's not really TRAINED. . it's
just something she does"

my local pet store has a butter corn for $260 dollars! it's been in there for almost a whole year...i wonder why?

i used to work at that store too, i even offered to do all the "reptile shopping" for the owner so that she could start charging fair prices and maybe actually move some of the animals, but she said "no no no no it's easier this way, the wholesaler just ships it right to me!"

yeah...easier...but i bet she's paying at LEAST double what the wholesaler paid, and then she doubles the price AGAIN, and then when it stays in the store too long...she RAISES the price! yep, sick and twisted logic i tell ya

That is what one of the stores does out here... I picked up an amel with a 45gal reptile tank for 130, the snake itself would have been 130 if I had gotten it from the other store in town... I rarely go into that store, they kill their animals before selling them... The owner likes to accumulate a collection... In fact, his store has shut down 3 times in the past 10 years, and he keeps opening it up again, and again....

Just a little note about snakes pooping right after their cage is cleaned...

It has to do with pheromones. Essentially, it's to scent the place so they know they've been there. I guess it's sort of a comfort thing...marking their territory, in a way. It's like cats rubbing their faces against everything because of the glands in their lips. So moving things that were in their pre-cleaned out viv usually helps make sure they don't get too stressed by the change. That's not to say they still won't defecate in their new substrate, but there's not a whole lot you can do about it!

There was actually a paper supporting all this stuff, so I'm not actually just pulling it out of my ears, so to speak.

There was actually a paper supporting all this stuff, so I'm not actually just pulling it out of my ears, so to speak.

I'm glad to hear that. I know I really hate pulling snake poop out of my ears! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Sorry..... I know about the science. I just couldn't pass up the terrible joke!

Back