• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

when do i get to become something other than a newbie

absolutneil

I know I don't post very often but I am here all the time.

how many posts does it take to lose the newbie title? Can I get an honorary "member" status? jj :(

Alternatively, you could cheat. ;) If you go into 'user cp' and then 'edit profile' there's a place where you can change your user title.

Why change?

Of course if you remain a newbie like me, you can get away with a lot of stupid mistakes and questions! :)
Daniel

Yes, 30 messages and you will be elevated to member status. Not that it has any added benefits, Other than getting rid of the "Newbie" name that is.

-Kev

problem solved

notice the new title...

I hope Rich doesn't mind what I have done... I guess he wouldn't allow us the option if he did...

how to change status...

go to the top right of the screen and click 'user cp'. then click on 'edit profile' you can change your status from that screen.... have fun... jim

ok am I the biggest idiot in the world or what? Where do I change it?!?!
see the image - no place to change status.

Attachments

• edit.jpg
    edit.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 65
Goto <i>User CP</i> then <i>Edit Profile</i> .
On the profile page scroll down to where it says <i>Custom User Text:</i> Now look to the far right of that. See your title? That's where ya change it.

-Kev

At this point I'm letting everyone fend for themselves.
When I originally posted how to do it, it was there and as far as I know everyone could access and change it.
Then the other day I looked and it was gone.
Now as of last night it was there again and I could modify it.

I think Rich is a sadist and he's trying to drive me insane. heh

Yeah..I could've sworn I saw that option either last night or early this morning...now this is gonna bother me till i find it.

I figured it out. Rich said you had to have been a member for at least a month, and have posted a certain number of times before you could edit it. Well, Kevin, you just had your one month anniversary with the forum! :) And you've posted so many times that you must have made the cut-off. Now I just have to wait for May 1 for my one month anniversary.

I didn't even want to edit my member status until all the sudden I couldn't do it...

I read the post in the other forum where Rich explains both the points you made above. But I hadnt realized a month went by allready. Times flies eh?

That also explains why i was able to do it last week, then couldnt then could today. Rich only implemented to 30 day rule the other day...

Talk about detective work. heh

Back