• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mandy the normal corn snake

Yep, happy little senior! That's a great way to put it.

The vet visit gives me peace of mind that we are giving her the best possible care, so it was very worth the time and money.

Glad the appointment went well! The tongue depressor part is my snakes least favorite part as well. Last time we went to the vet, as soon as we went in the room she started rattling (first time ever) like she remembered the "horror" she was about to experience.

Definitely, up until then all was well. She didn't even seem mind the light shined into her eyes very much.

Maybe as a senior snakey she'll have forgotten by next year, lol!

Senior snakey makes me think she knits or crochets on her spare time hrmmm.

Nice to see Mandy doing fine after the visit~

Lol on the knitting and crocheting, cinnabunbun!

We got the fecal results today. Very low numbers of a flagellate common to corn snakes, no treatment recommended at this time.

I just realized that today is our monthaversary! Mandy has been here for one month today. She spent the day in her hide "recovering" from the vet trip. She did poke her head out and flick at me when I checked on her. Such a sweet girl. It seemed like it was a very long wait to adopt her. Since then the time has flown by!

You are never to old to be adorable!

6jvpCAsl.jpg

It's so cute when they hang their head and their tail out of the hide like that. I always wanna grab their tail and pretend I stole it like you do with a little kid's nose. "Got your tail!" lmao

Happy 13th Birthday Mandy!

Of course, we don't really know the date, or even how old she really is, but I decided to set aside a special day for this precious girl. I picked Flag Day, June 14th, because it is one of those lesser celebrated holidays that I love and is as good a hatch date as any.

She has put on a little weight, which is a good thing. She's 488 grams which is up 24 grams from when we got her, and I think she's looking healthy. I hope that her sweet personality comes through in some of them. She's a total love bug.

She got a new silk ficus vine for her viv today by way of present. I don't think she's found it yet. :)

Just a quick note for those who haven't followed, her eyes have been checked out by a vet and she's not in blue.

459BI4nl.jpg

hP7LXSyl.jpg

DuDnQo2l.jpg

YA4f6xHl.jpg

yUJxtsAl.jpg

c0ppMfel.jpg

5LzO6Jul.jpg

It's weird, in the close up pics her eyes look Milky, but in the distance shots like the bottom pic, her eyes look fine. What did the vet have to say about it? Just curious. I did know somebody with a partially blind snake once due to cataracts.

She looks like a real sweetie, especially in pic 1, and she seems curious and explorative in pic 6.

Thanks Karl! She's sweet and curious-- in other words an archetypical corn snake!

The vet said possible cataracts. It actually shows up more in the pictures than in person. The vet had a hard time seeing, even with a lighted magnifier, what I can see in the pics. I also asked the vet about the cloudy areas at the top of the eyes and she finally was able to see them but she said it didn't seem like anything active and to just keep an eye on things.

I know it's under the spectacles because the spectacles were perfect when she shed. I did tell the vet right away that I had no problem loving and keeping a blind snake if it went there. Mandy can definitely see, but I'm sure it is to some degree impaired.

Back