CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Snakes, turtles, frogs and sally..oh my!

Old 07-27-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
HeavenHell
Talking Snakes, turtles, frogs and sally..oh my!

For me weekend = herping. I decided to try my luck at finding some amphibians and I found a few reptiles in the process.

This baby painted turtle was trying to cross railroad tracks along with 3 of his buddies. However, they were too small to climb over the tracks. A friend and I provided a helping hand by placing them near the water on the other side of the tracks. They were soooo cute.

MJD_2117_1024_title1SRGB by heavensherps, on Flickr

Found a bunch of these blue spotted sallies this weekend. It wasn't uncommon to see 4 or 5 under the same log.

MJD_2076_1024_title1SRGB by heavensherps, on Flickr

I love peepers and tree frogs. Those big eyes melt my heart.

MJD_2031_1024_title1SRGB by heavensherps, on Flickr

A very green leopard frog.

MJD_1973_1024_title1SRGB by heavensherps, on Flickr

A very large northern water snake. We had an opportunity to examine this one a lot closer. She appeared to have given birth recently as her stomach was concave.

MJD_1991_1024_title1SRGB by heavensherps, on Flickr

A 3 1/2 foot bullsnake. I was happy to see this guy as I hadn't seen one for over a month.

MJD_1953_1024_title1SRGB by heavensherps, on Flickr

A female ornate box turtle being shy.

MJD_1892_1024_title1SRGB by heavensherps, on Flickr

An old male boxie found nearby.

MJD_1878_1024_title1SRGB by heavensherps, on Flickr

A neat wood frog. I hadn't seen any of these until this weekend, but saw dozens to make up for it.

IMG_3897_1024_title1SRGB by heavensherps, on Flickr

Old 07-28-2014, 12:24 AM   #2
colton62
Those are awesome pictures. I've been unsuccessful herping besides a turtle and a toad. How isolated is the place you went because it looks very fun and peaceful. I'm jealous

Old 08-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #3
Qi snake
I have not seen a leopard frog in so many years. That bull snake is gorgeous. Thanks for the pictures.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google